Our client is seeking a Product Designer who works to clearly identify and ground opportunities in the problem space, developing interactive solutions across web, mobile app, kiosk and other digital mediums. This role collaborates with Product Owners, Scrum Masters and Developers across our clients reservation tools and other digital touchpoints.
Scope & Complexity
As an individual contributor, under limited supervision, this position conducts product design tasks and activities to expected quality standards and ensures our digital properties perform, flow and enable guests to achieve their goals above expectations.
- Work with product to define the problem to solve, put forth a clear vision for future design and apply a forward-thinking, strategic mindset to go from where we are today to the vision state.
- Apply high level user-centered design best practices, from interaction design, information architecture and usability fundamentals to accessibility standards, balancing user needs with business goals and technology capabilities.
- Design guest flows and feature experiences based on user-centered design principles that clearly provide a clear path forward for guests to achieve their goals across channels and platforms.
- Create shared understanding through comps, wireframes, feature flows, use cases, guest pathing, interaction models, prototypes and presentations.
- Collaborate with cross functional team to create a design language for Alaska’s internal reservation system solutions by regularly creating, iterating and developing continuous improvements to digital style guides and pattern libraries.
- Collaborating on research and engage with delivery team to promote guest perspective with research, data and insights.
- Design UI that clearly communicates function and provide a clear path forward.Communicate effectively to diverse audiences.
- Actively collaborate and participate in product strategy, feature reviews and sprint rituals in coordination with Developers, Scrum Masters and Product Owners.
- Design inclusively in full consideration for guests of different abilities and in compliance with applicable accessibility requirements.