This role is for end-to-end product design work, from planning and iterating on designs, to prototyping, to visual design, implementation and polish. It will be focused on creating modern web publishing and authoring experiences. Will be member of a feature crew, interacting with PM and Engineering—must be proactive and a good communicator.
If you thrive in understanding complex scenarios in order to build creative and relevant information architecture and interaction patterns and you are interested in defining the next generation of online site creation experiences for businesses, this job could be your next challenge!
Our client’s team who designs web-based, collaborative platforms is looking for an experienced UX designer who is passionate about user-centered design approaches, interaction design excellence, and transforming customer content into elegant and usable solutions. In this role, you’ll work closely with researchers, developers, program managers, and other designers to create a modern content consumption and authoring experience to enable web site creation.
You’ll have the opportunity to make product decisions, construct UX solutions, and participate in defining the vision of the end-to-end user experience. The ideal candidate will be an end-user advocate, driving user needs and goals into both creative and pragmatic design solutions, as well as understand and be enthusiastic about modern web development. You will be experienced in the application of user-centered philosophies and interaction design best practices. You will be able to distill evolving design work into patterns and capture those in articulate and insightful guidance for others to use as a creative springboard.
Qualified candidates must demonstrate the ability to execute design work with a high standard for quality within time and technical constraints amid competing priorities and ambiguous situations, be mature and have great communication and collaboration skills.
A degree in Interaction Design or related discipline (Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Visual Design) preferred.
5 - 7 years of professional experience in interactive design experience.
- Ability to document user experience and interactivity through wireframes, flowcharts, screenshots, design specifications, and prototype demos.
- Strong problem solving, creative, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Strong visual design/layout/typography skillset a plus.
- High level of comfort with web-based technologies, CSS, HTML, etc...
- Mastery of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and iterate designs.
- Experience working with other User Experience disciplines (User Research, Visual Design, and User Assistance), Technical disciplines (PM, Dev, Test), as well as Business and Marketing.