At this client, they think big and do big things. They were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of their products, and have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today, they are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team with heart – a team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration, and delivers world-class products and services impacting over 65 million customers.
As a Product Designer on the Digital team, you will work closely with other designers, strategists, developers, product managers, and business analysts to further our understanding of how people interact with their money – you will identify opportunities for change, ideate on concepts, advocate for the needs of our customers, and lead design from empathy to iteration to deliver human- centered solutions to over 65-million customers.
About the Role
Product Designers at this client have a passion for solving complex problems. They are human- centered in their approach to design and feel comfortable advocating for user needs. They are curious and demonstrate a passion for learning. They are capable of generating ideas and prototyping concepts that are anchored in research insights, subject knowledge, technology requirements, and business goals. They have an exuberant passion for the power of strategic design and an “anything is possible” mindset. They take pride in their work and yet they have a humble approach. They are able to contribute as a designer from end-to-end on projects, which means they are comfortable as researchers, data scientists, strategists, and designers. They employ design thinking methods to uncover insights that help inform design decisions. They are excellent communicators and feel comfortable presenting their design decisions in front of colleagues and stakeholders.
In this role, you will:
• Collaborate with business analysts, product managers, and design teams on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts
• Build empathy and be an advocate for our customers through participation in human-centered research and design
• Translate user needs, style guides, and requirements into elegant solutions for complex problems
• Leverage analytics tools to: measure success, present opportunities, and support decision- making
• Utilize Lean and Agile methodologies
• Present research findings and design concepts to designers and product partners
• Be a leader and mentor; you’ll challenge, grow, and mentor designers and contribute to fostering a collaborative team spirit
• BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. graphic, interaction, visual communications, product), or a related field or equivalent practical experience
• 3+ years of experience with user experience design and shipping products
• Working knowledge of human-centered design principles (e.g. Design Thinking)
• Strong portfolio of UX/UI design work that demonstrates experience working on projects from empathy to iteration
• Strong storytelling capabilities; an ability to weave key insights into a compelling narrative
• Excellent problem-solving and client management skills
• 4+ years’ experience with standard digital design tools, e.g. Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, Axure, etc.
• 8+ years of experience with user experience design
• 8+ years of experience designing digital products or omni-channel services
• 5+ years of experience with information architecture
• 3+ years of experience creating prototypes at various levels of fidelity to articulate and test user flows, UI design, and/or UI animation
• 3+ years of experience with team leadership or team management