Contract: 1 month
Must sit on-site in Kent, WA.
As the Copywriter for Product Content, you take marketing copy from our external vendors and turn it into clear, accurate, helpful, inspiring product descriptions for our outdoor retail client. You rework jargon and hyperbole into meaningful, truthful information. You love the creative challenge of a tight character count. You like working with a robust style guide that experiences frequent updates.
You know a lot about a wide variety of outdoor gear and you know how to fill your knowledge gaps. You remove errors (never introduce them). You’re always looking for ways to better serve our customers. You know how to work together with a team toward a common goal and have the communication skills that make collaboration easier. You’re unfazed by change.
The ideal candidate will have a strong writing background with an emphasis on product, experience in fast-paced publishing environments, a keen eye, a high responsibility drive, a sense of humor and a devotion to the outdoors.
In this role, you will work under the Supervising Editor, partnered with another Editor for Product Content. We expect you both to:
- Write product page content and product-related in-store signage
- Uphold the client style guide and brand standards
- Maintain relationships with cross-divisional partners to enhance accuracy, findability and relevance of product content pages
- Continually upgrade product and activity expertise and stay abreast of industry trends
- Keep the customer (both internal and external) in mind at all times
- Look for ways to enhance and improve the digital retail experience
- 1–2 years’ experience in copywriting, product copywriting preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, communications or journalism preferred
- Proven ability to write effective, clear and honest marketing copy
- Proven attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated understanding of outdoor activities and gear.
- Openness to change
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources to make well-researched, sound solutions to problems
- Fondness for snacks, GIFs and Slack