- Connect with young, everyday social media users to identify emerging trends that can influence product development.
- Build relationships with young community members to gather feedback on our platform and features and connect with key internal stakeholders to translate that feedback into product recommendations aligned to company objectives.
- Have a data-driven approach to identify communities and regions in the US to interact with, prioritizing those aligned to company goals.
- Participate in different cross-functional meetings relating to product to share feedback, understand goals and come with an action plan to incorporate community members' point of view in the conversations.
- Identify product opportunities with young people who are using social media in different, surprising or creative ways.
- Adapt to changes and trends as they come on the platform, be able to pivot to new trends and objectives.
- Ability to discover/predict upcoming youth trends and up-and-coming communities of young creators on social media using both quantitative and qualitative approaches.
- Work with our Head of Global Community, Teens Community Lead and the North America Community Engagement Manager to develop high impact moments with young communities with a focus on gathering feedback and identifying product opportunities.
- Work closely with the Teen and Emerging Trends leads to share strategy, input and vision on fostering young communities.
- Ability to set, track and organize metrics relevant to this area.
- Support other product related tasks, i.e. filing translations for product launches
- 5+ years experience working on product feedback and community building. Experience working with teens or young people a plus.
- A demonstrable ability to formulate strategy and keep track of metrics and goals.
- Deep understanding of and demonstrable passion for the Instagram community and product.
- Experience using data to formulate strategies and to come up with metrics for success for every project.
- Great understanding of different ways people use social media, particularly Instagram with a special emphasis in under 22 year olds.
- Fluency in English to professional standards.
- Exemplifies strong experience working as a team player, sharing responsibilities and objectives with peers.
- Ability to work with different teams and being able to pivot as necessary, according to goals and objectives.
- Good technical skills and excellent use of social media.
- Experience working with global, cross-functional teams and/or remote working.
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner.
Education: Bachelor Degree