The retail channel is vital to our Client’s growth. Through it they generate significant revenue and profit for the company and it is those deep and valuable relationships with retailers and distributors that have made our Client’s retail brand success possible. Our Client’s interactive entertainment business includes a number of the most engaging and recognizable consumer brands in the world.
This role is for Category Manager EMEA, with responsibility to lead category management and monitor performance for all the lines retail business.
The category team is responsible for setting the retail strategy across Europe and Middle East/Africa and collaborate with HQ to create demand for our products and services through an unbroken demand chain and maximizing profit for the company.
The Category manager owns and drives the go-to-market planning for the EMEA product in collaboration with the local category managers.
• Rhythm of business: Ensure team has right rhythm of business with tight integration, implementation and measurement of effective Marketing & Retail plans.
• Business and consumer insights: Ensure that insights are being used to drive business planning and these are being embedded in the creation of effective go-to-market plans across the retail sales and marketing teams. Influence the product business group to provide insights needed to drive the business that are currently not provided.
• Competitor analysis: Provide detailed and informative regular updates on the key competitive set to ensure the teams have a deep understanding of their go-to-market strategies and tactics.
• Cross-group collaboration: Identify opportunities to collaborate across the region in order to achieve highest level of effectiveness and efficiency.
• Forecasting & Planning: Ensure the monthly forecast submissions of the product managers are coherent and drive to the desired business outcomes across the product category as a whole. This requires strong alignment with the supply chain managers in Dublin and in Redmond.
• The art of business summarization: Provide in-depth business analysis and manage communication on business performance (Sell In, Sell through, Channel inventory, supply, Warehouse inventory, and market share) and issues, leading recommendations as appropriate.
• Sales deals: set the EMEA promotion framework and educate local Category managers on best investments across product categories according to the agreed promotional framework and track performance to ensure promotional investments are optimized and learning is embedded in future planning.
Key Success Criteria
For the candidate to be successful, they must have the following strengths:
• Analytical and insightful.
• Retail dynamics understanding.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly organized and disciplined.
• A passion for games/entertainment.
• Capable of working effectively across virtual teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
1) Essential Experience
Experience in the retail channel or entertainment/technology fields an advantage. This role requires an individual with a broad skill set encompassing excellent marketing & relationship management capabilities, with proven ability to collaborate well with cross functional groups and virtual teams to achieve specific objectives.
2) Technical/Functional Skills
Strong analytical skills, issue resolution, market and customer insight, thoroughness & precision. Highly skilled in using productivity software (excel, ppt) to tell a complex business and consumer story well. Strong understanding of overall marketing mix and relevant ROI metrics that demonstrate success. A passion for gaming, entertainment and/or technology and retail.
3) Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills
Organized, tenacious, creative and smart. Adept in dealing with complexity and ambiguity. Able to quickly earn the trust and respect of peers and rally different groups around a single business purpose. Strong influencer skills, credible in building senior executive relationships.
Experience in category management, and/or product planning. Proven knowledge of consumer selling channels. Financial and analytical capabilities a strong benefit.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs