The world loves TV, but the traditional world of video content distribution and consumption is changing dramatically. Do you want to be part of this digital entertainment revolution? Our client is one of the world's leading providers of digital television entertainment services delivering a premium video experience through state-of-the-art technology, unmatched programming, and industry leading customer service to more than 32 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America. To maintain its leadership position they are looking for a talented Producer to make the next generation of television a reality.
Responsibilities to Include:
- Schedule Planning: work with interdepartmental project/product managers to determine milestones with a keen focus on making sure appropriate time is allotted for the efforts of our team.
- Resource Planning: forecast team workloads to establish balance across the team and identify resource issues early.
- Process Management: support team member efforts to move design and development forward as well as anticipate and eliminate obstacles. Make sure the team is working as efficiently as possible to maximize productivity and work quality.
- Conscientious Liaison: communicate appropriately and in a timely manner with all impacted departments, as needed. This primarily includes Engineering, IT, executives, product team and Customer Care.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience managing resources and schedules as well as working as a liaison across different teams in software development for set top boxes, web, mobile, consumer electronics or similar products. If not set top box, it is a plus if experience is related to video entertainment.
- Software proficiency
- MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Visio
- MS Project or other schedule & resource management applications
- Familiarity with the following is a plus: JIRA, Workfront, Confluence, Rally, Omnigraffle, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
Soft skills needed:
- Need to be able to lead and guide
- Really show ownership on the projects they are assigned, willingness to dig deep to understand something and become a subject matter expert as time goes on
- Innate ability to figure things out and take initiative
- Worked with creative teams
- Good facilitator