• Select visually appealing images and write short, engaging text that entices users to click through to great results.
• Edit photos using advanced Photoshop techniques to enhance the image where necessary.
• Work closely with the US homepage team and other project editors to ensure high-quality, relevant content is surfaced.
• Maintain an editorial calendar of events relevant to the Canadian audience.
• Use search trends to identify content programming opportunities.
• Make on-the-fly decisions about daily content programming priorities.
• Contribute to a variety of projects that require writing, editing and publishing.
• Work with content partners to improve content quality and audience metrics.
• Evaluate page quality and use editorial tools to improve user experience.
• Track, measure and optimize the effectiveness of programming efforts.
• College or university degree
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience creating or editing online content for consumers.
• Excellent writing skills including headline and caption writing with flawless spelling and grammar.
• Ability to convey features and functions in concise meaningful words.
• Proven ability to learn and effectively use online publishing tools.
• Excellent written, oral and online communication skills in both English and French.
• Proactive, organized, easily able to multitask and comfortable making decisions in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience tracking online metrics and identifying opportunities / successes.
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, work independently, and become familiar with new topics quickly.
• Well-versed in current Web trends and concepts.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs