Category Managerer – eCommerce and Marketing
The Category Manager Contractor – eCommerce and Marketing; is responsible for supporting the execution of category management strategies within Indirect Procurement including supporting strategic sourcing process and approaches for the category eCommerce and Marketing.
Key activities include: engaging multiple internal and external stakeholders, deliver strategic sourcing, contract drafting and execution, risk management mitigation, and core procurement discipline.
We will also consider someone with strong Indirect Procurement background if they do not have vertical acumen in eCommerce and/or Marketing.
Major responsibilities and duties: • Support the execution of category management procurement strategies within the strategic sourcing process
• Follow the uniform implementation of category management strategies and sourcing approaches
• Support the development of RFx or eSourcing documentation/events based on category specifications/ requirements
• Assist with supplier identification and outreach
• Develop pricing models to enable thoughtful supplier responses and award scenario analysis
• Prepare reports to support benefits estimation and documentation
• Support the monitoring and actualization of spend/expenditure and/or consumption analysis
• Assist category managers in industry and supplier assessments across multiple RFx initiatives
• Lead and support negotiation strategy with fact-based analysis
• Assist in effective risk and compliance management with regards to category management
Requirements: • BA/BS or equivalent preferred
• 3/5 years of related experience preferred
• Experience in category management within Indirect Procurement
• Strategic sourcing and pricing and contract T&Cs negotiations; negotiation aptitude
• Experience with analytics and a general understanding of Excel
• Strong business, verbal, and writing skills
• Strong problem-solving skills and work ethic
• Professional qualification / certification from related professional body, (ISM – CPM / CPSM, APICS) would be an added advantage
• Experience with contract management systems, Sharepoint and Adobe Echosign or similar
• Specific experience working with eCommerce and Marketing preferred but not mandatory
• 0 – 25% Travel Required
Impact on organization:
Work relationships • This role will work externally with suppliers (current and potential), procurement associations, etc. Weekly/ monthly contact with key strategic suppliers to perform negotiations or quarterly business reviews, ensuring value and service quality delivery.
• Internally, this role partners with category managers within the Marketing Tower of Indirect Procurement, the business in the representative functional area, as well as finance, and legal. Daily/ weekly contact with internal customers in order to ensure planning, advice and delivery management
• Daily/ weekly contact with internal stakeholders to establish relationships with management/ operations leadership teams from the assigned division or corporate function.
Additional Job Requirements
-Ability to redline contracts
-Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
-Experience purchasing non-tangible (e.g., services, software, etc.) items
-Experience working in a contract management system
NICE TO HAVE:
-Marketing and eCommerce Category Experience
-Experience working with SharePoint, CLM, and Adobe EchoSign
-Strong negotiation skills