If you have experience in consumer marketing in the pharmaceutical industry - and a commitment to ensuring promotional marketing meets the highest ethical and privacy standards - then we have a unique opportunity for you.
This is a new role supporting the multi-channel marketing business at one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies. Ensuring compliance with privacy regulations and standards is now an integral part of promotional marketing for pharmaceutical firms in the US. Given the increase in the need for privacy review and expertise, our client is requesting a full time Project Manager to support US Privacy. This is a long-term contract position with benefits on-site at the client’s offices in North Wales, PA.
The Privacy Project Manager will be a member of the multi-channel marketing business and will be responsible for representing the business in privacy discussions. The Privacy Project Manager will partner with the brand and marketing teams educating them on privacy issues and ensuring the proper processes are followed to comply with privacy regulations for all marketing programs that involve consent or the use or collection of personal information.
- Manage the privacy compliance review process for promotional materials. Coordinate the Privacy Concept and Privacy Implementation Boards.
- Manage all documentation and organization of appropriate documentation required for privacy.
- Provide privacy leadership, advice and counsel to brand teams and assist in the development of functional and organizational policies, guidelines, training and tools to support privacy accountability and compliance.
- Represent the multi-channel marketing business in privacy discussions.
- Train and educate promotion and other teams to increase privacy IQ. Work to facilitate worldwide enterprise privacy accountability, stewardship and compliance.
- Conduct appropriate research when there is a breach of privacy and develop a remediation plan. Facilitate and assist in the identification of compliance issues, help plan and develop interim and long-term processes to address issues.
- Work with the Privacy Office to understand the US promotion impact when new laws, technology, or change of opinion arise.
- Support Special Project work such as streamlining of current processes, standards and language needed for privacy. Maximize efficiency through consistent processes.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 3+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry – familiar with industry terms and a high level understanding of industry compliance requirements
- Experience in marketing or marketing support of pharmaceutical products to consumers and/or health care providers
- Familiar with promotional review process and compliance requirements for pharmaceutical products in US
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects efficiently
- Excellent client service skills with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated abilities in problem resolution
- Experience and success in cross-functional leadership and teamwork
- Proficiency with office computer applications – especially Microsoft Office
- Experience in managing components of regulatory submissions of promotion and advertising materials strongly preferred