Printing Services Project Management is a key role within the Aquent Studios visual communications team serving a global energy client. The Printing Services PM serves as the key client interface coordinating printing services for approximately 2,000 projects annually across the client’s many divisions and affiliated companies. Print buying will be performed for client projects designed by the Aquent visual communications team as well as for projects designed externally.
The Printing Services PM handles intake of all projects needing print production, accurately capturing all requirements; elicits vendor quotes from approved print vendors; negotiates pricing and schedules; and funnels projects to selected vendors. Client and vendor relationship management is a key component of the role as is effective communication throughout the life of projects – ensuring that all process participants have the knowledge, support and information needed to complete projects effectively.
Serve as the primary point of contact for clients on all assigned projects – managing multiple projects concurrently, taking ownership of all interim and final deliverables, managing client expectations, and meeting all commitments
- Gather job requirements and develop print specifications as required. Prepare bid requests and send to selected vendors.
- Provide clients with estimates for every project and secure approval prior to awarding work. Perform procurement and project management
- Evaluate potential suppliers and recommend those most desirable based on knowledge of manufacturing limitations, supplier facilities and schedule availability.
- Manage all aspects of production with vendors on behalf of the client, and maintaining current status of assigned projects at all times.
- Quality Assurance – manage receipt of and review of proofs; checks proofs for color and placement of components; manage the proofreading if required;
- Develop an understanding of the client’s visual brands, target audiences, and communication objectives
Account Growth / Business Development:
- Exhibit enthusiasm for developing new business for Aquent by building client confidence based on performance excellence
- Understand and identify potential opportunities with new and existing clients for additional work, and communicate these to the Managing Director
- 5+ years’ experience in print production management/print buying in agency or corporate environment with experience negotiating costs and schedules.
- Thorough knowledge of both digital and offset printing including digital prepress requirements, substrate/paper specification, binding and other finishing techniques and press checks. Comprehensive knowledge of printing services practices, process, technologies, and capabilities.
- Experience developing internal client and vendor relationships, managing effective print production processes, proper substrate selections, proof reviews and on-time delivery for a broad range of print collateral types.
- Proven ability to work independently on day-to-day projects; requiring supervision and direction only on complex or special projects.
- Ability to estimate resource requirements and develop project estimates with clear definition of scope
- Experience working under continual deadline constraints with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple quick-turn projects and changing priorities
- Basic understanding of InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, and Illustrator are preferred