One of the country's biggest brands with Austin roots is seeking a print production specialist for their creative team for their downtown HQ. Its a fantastic place to work and even better to add your resume. For this role, the ideal candidate must have held a print production role prior, have advanced experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator and Photoshop in particular), amazing communication skills, and is comfortable with siloing and retouching images.
We are approached, literally daily, by our talent with interest in this company so if you have the skills and are ready for a great step in your career then apply now and we can discuss the details!!
- Review all printer specifications and files of packaging dielines to ensure accuracy and workability of files. Request clarification on any questions regarding details of dielines and printer specifications, if needed.
- Written and verbal communication is a huge part of this role. You will be the POC for internal teams and with printers concerning any questions related to print capability and file set-up.
- Review pre-press/printer proofs for color and content accuracy, brand integrity & consistency against files released by packaging designers.
- Compile, organize and communicate all issues, revisions, questions or cautions pertaining to the printer proofs and return to designated printer as needed.
- Work with a variety of packaging substrates and printing processes to ensure print projects have successful outcomes
- Execute limited mechanical revisions to graphic files for product packaging, as needed.
- Attend periodic press checks to ensure quality of printed packaging.
- Ensure working design files and support art files are current and properly archived upon project completion as well as archiving of PDF proofs with electronic file (where applicable).
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Clear and effective communication skills, project management experience preferable
- Strong listening, analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to interpret and incorporate detailed feedback on food packaging graphics
- Advanced experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Flexible, able to take direction well and adapt to timeline developments and reprioritize
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Graphic Design, Marketing Communication or similar curriculum preferred, with 3-5 years experience
- Knowledge of design and development processes for print
- Knowledge / familiarity with food packaging a plus
- Knowledge of MS Office