The Print Production Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of project/production management specific to printed media as well as integration with digital channels. The professional will work with internal business partners, creative staff and outside vendors to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner and that the deliverables meet quality and budget expectations. Familiarity with concepts, practices, and procedures specific to design, graphics and print production is mandatory. The ideal candidate for this role relies on their expertise to plan and accomplish goals by collaborating and directing the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Very Important to have both print and project management experience and to be great with managing the work in several systems.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Use project management system to manage assigned projects and collaborate with other agency partners in tracking and reviewing the work.
• Collaborate with Creative Directors, Designers and outside vendors to take projects from conception to fruition.
• Work with outside vendors to engineer the project and advise the design/production department of specifics regarding file construction and delivery.
• Advise internal client of budgetary options as they relate to design deliverables.
• Manage the project specifications for various deliverables and align schedules internally and externally to ensure delivery milestones are met.
• Develop and track all print production timelines for internal clients’ needs and coordinating various deliverables with outside print vendors.
• Be the ultimate owner of production QA, managing elements around file construction, image quality, resolution, color, fonts, paper stock, design construction, mailing and fulfillment.
• Understanding current vendors, capabilities and easily assess specific vendor pools to direct competitive bid analysis.
• Work with vendors to develop templated systems to generate content on demand that can be personalized.
• Be the expert in Direct Mail practices and constraints. Understand the connection between data files and variable content rendered with the xml transfer.
• Develop and track all print production timelines for internal client’s needs and coordinating various deliverables with outside print vendors.
Additional Job details:
• A great eye for color. Ability to give directives to pressmen in order to achieve optimal results.
• Experience working on Projects with Print Vendors either on the client or vendor side.
• Expertise in writing Print Specifications that translate file information into production instructions.
• Knowledge of paper, stocks, weights, coatings and the ability to understand visual outcomes based on ink configurations.
• Understanding of purchasing specifics, figuring unit costs and calculating change requests.
• Working knowledge of PeopleSoft or other purchasing instruments.
• Understanding of Direct Mail best practices and Postal Regulations.
• Experience working with creative staff and studio production teams.
• Ability to estimate production times based upon specifications and quantities needed.
• Ability to understand file construction, and utilize Adobe PDF preview.
• Understanding of InDesign, Photoshop a plus.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Effective project management skills.
- 1 year temporary assignment
- Work on-site M-F, 40 hours per week.
- Location: Austin, TX
To be considered, please apply by submitting over a Word Doc of your Résumé and link to your samples. Successful candidates will be contacted by phone. Thanks!
***This opportunity not a match or you aren't available? Got talented friends? Aquent offers an amazing Talent Rewards program, more information at aquent.us/rewards