Client in NOVA is currently seeking a Print Production Project Manager to join their team on a contract basis. This position is a full time, onsite opportunity offering 37.5 hours per week. Candidates must have experience in production and project management and have experience with vendor management and recruiting. This person will also manage a portfolio of pre-press, printing, production and mailing projects that support the delivery of the company's programs, products, member benefits, services and marketing campaigns.
- Develop and manage production schedules for assigned products and projects
- Advise business owners and product managers on requirements for providing content for editing, design, printing, manufacturing, mailing and delivery of project deliverables
- Adopt a business partner model in serving the needs of the various content groups and development teams by facilitating brainstorming and product development meetings to help establish project direction.
- Identify core team members and lead project team meetings
- Ensure sufficient staff resources are allocated and available to perform schedule activities throughout the project lifecycle
- Manage original project scope and document change requests
- Provide advice on impact of changes to scope, schedule, and budget
- Monitor project start and end dates according to the master production schedule
- Work with department manager to reconcile monthly project budgets across various cross-functional departments and report on project expenses to date and to approved budget
- Solicit pricing information for bids, quotes and proposals
- Provide business owners and product managers with cost estimates and offer alternatives to reduce costs, avoid budget overruns and maximize discounts while maintaining quality standards
- Research and vet printing, mailing, and list processing vendors to determine the most efficient and cost effective delivery method for producing assigned project components
- Maintain up to date vendor records within the department’s vendor list
- A four-year college degree in a relevant field of study is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of production and printing processes, including prepress, one- to four-color printing, computer-to-plate process, different methods of printing (web offset, sheet-fed, digital, inkjet, large format, etc.) and their appropriate situational uses
- Knowledge of production and project management standards, including schedule, scope, and budget management
- Knowledge of technical specifications of paper stocks and cost ramifications
- Basic understanding of electronic publishing and the process of rendering files on e-readers
- Knowledge of vendor recruitment and management processes
- Knowledge of graphic design, typography, and desktop publishing principles, techniques and software for digital and print projects
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Acrobat Professional, prepress operations, and database and scheduling management systems is required
- Ability to implement production and project management standards, including those associated with scheduling, scope management and project cost accounting