Primary Objective of Position
Ensure the finest print quality and production of marketing deliverables is achieved within budgets and timetables.
Supervise, schedule and purchase all pre-press related materials, element construction, installs, and printing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Clear and effective communications with key Business Partners (BPs) (Vendors/Suppliers, Marketing BPs) to:
- Source, develop and manage
- Develop strong partnerships for effective decision making and issue resolution.
- Maneuver through complex business situations effectively and professionally to anticipate and overcome barriers to success.
- Attend all weekly cross-functional meetings.
Effective management of programs:
- Production, scheduling and budgeting of In-Store Marketing materials.
- Forecast projects by obtaining estimates with various print and production suppliers.
- Ensure proper and timely delivery.
- Review weekly budget status and keep track of accruals.
- Review all print production forecasts prior to production to ensure that projects fits within defined budgets.
- Communicate regularly budget status and limitations to business partners.
- Determine opportunities for cost savings and efficiencies in production.
Partnership with Creative Services and Business Partners:
- Approve color and attend press checks.
- Collaborate with other partners as necessary to ensure consistent quality and color across all areas of production.
- Strategize on fulfillment and shipping methods.
- Educate the Creative Services Team on advances in printing that will allow for wider range of creative ideas.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Superior decision making, troubleshooting, negotiating, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Extensive print production experience including, but not limited to signage, posters, POP, print advertising, OOH advertising, vehicle wraps, textile printing, and digital signage.
- The ability to troubleshoot artwork files before they are sent to the vendor.
- Conflict Management: approaches conflicts as opportunities; understands others quickly; can find common ground without comprising total position.
- Ability to manage outside vendors.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to work and function in ambiguity.
- People and development management experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Quark, Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop a strong plus
- Strong computer background specifically in with Google Docs, Sheets, Excel, Word and other digital tools.
Minimum educational level/Experience:
- BA/BS degree in print production or related field required
- At least 4-5 years pre-press and print production management experience:
· Screen Printing
· Digital Production
- 4-5 years experience in managing vendor relationships.
- Ability to travel domestically
- Reports to Head of Creative Production.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Primary Objective of Position