The client is a marketing agency looking for a Print Production Manager to join their team onsite for 40 hrs/wk in Cupertino, CA for a 5-month contract to cover for their current Print Production Manager on maternity leave.
*Full time opp for the right candidate
The Print Production Manager role provides print production expertise, strong purchasing and project management skills and the ability to maintain schedules and budgets for all pre-press and printed materials on various substrates. The range of work includes pre-press, packaging, corporate event graphics, collateral projects, graphics, signage, gift cards, and premiums.
- Scheduling, maintaining deadlines, and communicating any issues that would prevent delivering on schedule and within budget.
- Managing team's retouching comments and art direction with prepress suppliers to ensure accurate interpretation and follow-through.
- Working with established suppliers and ensuring best visual quality.
- Attending printing finishing of printed materials on-site at suppliers as needed.
- Assisting in the documentation, estimating and planning confidential work
- Coordinating color reviews with internal teams and external partners
- Communicating reviews, document job specifics and transfer files and proofs for reviews
and coordinate final delivery
- Working during peak launch/refresh periods evening and weekend (as needed)
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally, often at short notice.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN:
- 5-6 years of relevant experience in a design organization, advertising/media company, or consumer goods packaging and labelling, including project management experience
- Scheduling, maintaining deadlines, managing creative teams, retouching comments on Art Direction comments, working with suppliers for best visual quality
- Working on multiple companies, contracts, platforms
- Expert level experience in: Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, In-Design, Photoshop), Mac Applications (Pages, Numbers, Keynotes), Microsoft Office, and database management systems
- Extensive experience of print production experience in an agency or in-house corporate graphic design department.
- Communicating effectively, and diplomatically, and exhibiting proactive, solution-oriented thinking and execution (with little to no guidance)
If you're interested or know someone who is, please apply now or email me directly with your updated portfolio/resume, hourly rate, and availability to interview/start!