Aquent is the world's premier staffing firm specializing in creative and marketing staffing. We offer subsidized medical, dental and vision benefits after just 30 days on an engagement and after 90 days you are eligible to participate in our 401k plan. WE ALSO OFFER UP TO $1,000 REFERRAL BONUS!!!!
Print Production Coordinator for insurance firm in Parsippany, NJ.
THIS IS NOT A CREATIVE POSITION. THIS IS NOT GRAPHIC DESIGN, LAYOUT, or even TRAFFIC. This is PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT of PRINT JOBS and LARGE FORMAT MATERIALS.
You will work on the client side, not the vendor (print shop) side and you will be asked to have some flexibility with the hours you work. You will be asked to attend press checks in the area surrounding the Meadowlands, NJ.
This position provides an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to produce a wide variety of print materials and premium items for a growing investment management marketing group.
TYPES OF PROJECTS:
We are seeking a highly organized, hard-working professional with print production coordination experience (financial services experience a plus). Applicants must have strong multitasking abilities, a keen eye for detail, solid communication skills and the ability to work independently and take initiative when appropriate.
• Log new jobs into trafficking database.
• Review project specifications with designer and generate quote request form.
• Traffic quote request through Central Procurement Group and choose appropriate vendor.
• Provide detailed production schedules and keep projects on track.
• Collaborate with internal clients, designers and external vendors, and offer alternate methods of production to increase quality or decrease cost when necessary.
• Obtain necessary approvals of estimates and generate purchase orders.
• Release projects to print vendor, and provide clear and comprehensive instructions on final job specs and delivery information.
• Ensure that all proofs are reviewed and approved internally.
• Attend local press checks as needed.
• Assure timely and cost effective delivery to all destinations.
• Maintain and update trafficking database of print project specifics.
• Reconcile invoices and obtain necessary approvals.
• 5-10 years experience in a similar role in a corporate environment.
• Experience in pre-press through production for 1 and 2-color work, as well as 4 and 6-color work, premium items and awards.
• Knowledge of web, sheetfed and digital presses, as well as finishing and bindery.
• Flexibility to work within tight deadlines in a high volume corporate environment, with some overtime required.
• Solid verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.