Aquent is currently seeking a Print Production Consultant for an upcoming client request. The Production Consultant is responsible the external scheduling of print production work for the Creative Department. The Consultant manages jobs for the department and assigns a step-by-step schedule for completion of jobs, assigning external vendor, coordinating movement of jobs from the department to the external vendor, and communicating with internal stakeholders during the production process.
The ideal candidate for this role relies on their expertise to plan and accomplish goals by collaborating and directing the work of others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Align client goals with printing best practices and stay current on print production trends.
- Develop, manage and deliver project estimates, timelines, and deliverables.
- Participates in, and leads, when appropriate, weekly status meetings.
- Provide consultative services with internal team to identify clients’ needs.
- Notifies Director, Marketing Production when necessary and contacts clients for any materials, information, etc., required to complete scheduled projects.
- Reviews daily work schedule with various stakeholders.
- Reports any problems affecting job quality, due dates and costs to stakeholders.
- Selects vendors for all jobs, based on quality control, budget, timing, etc.
- Oversees quality control.
- Deals with vendors on deliveries, scheduling, etc. Maintain and grow strong vendor partnerships.
- Approves invoices for payment; solving issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain a library of all collateral, keep team aware of projects so they can leverage prior work.
- Coordinates schedules of collateral materials to arrive before final deadlines.
- Maintains online folders of all approved materials for the company.
- Arranges delivery of samples to client and team members for all completed jobs.
- Maintains current computer skills related to daily job functions.