Our client, a Fortune 500 in the fashion space, is searching for a Production Artist for 3+ months.
The Print Production Artist is responsible for the production and management of on-time, error-free, and properly constructed mechanicals for print production.
Key requirements for this role include a strong sense of design to support conceptual development, expert knowledge of InDesign and other Adobe products, a strong understanding of various printing platforms and prepress techniques, along with the ability to solve problems and communicate effectively with business partners.
Required skills: Strong and current knowledge of InDesign, must have worked with InDesign continuously for past 3-6 months. Excellent communication and organizational skills; diplomatic and proactive in communications with contributors/requesters; ability to multitask; a positive attitude; comfortable taking initiative and responsibility; ability to work well under continuous deadline pressure with a small and nimble team; experience and knowledge of print and digital production workflows; understands the differences and limitations of various image file formats; proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and Excel on a MAC platform
• Create on-time, error-free, and properly constructed artwork and mechanicals for print production (digital + offset)
• Create conceptually sound extensions of approved “typical” designs for additional project components
• Support the creative concept throughout the production process
• Identify and offer solutions for production / creative / manufacturing problems
• Continually manage final files placing on team sharedrive.
• Collaborate with brand, creative, and production partners throughout the process to facilitate seamless execution and creative excellence while maintaining brand guidelines
• Assume primary ownership for projects from creative hand-off through final delivery
• Adhere to mechanical quality standards and proofing / sign-off procedures to ensure error-free deliverables • Adhere to naming and back-up procedures to ensure proper archiving of digital assets
• Deliver final artwork to business partners and / or suppliers
• Maintain personal daily and weekly production schedule
• Actively participate in creative / production handoff meetings
• Attend business partner / supplier meetings and conference calls regarding production, timing, etc. as needed
• Participate in the review of internal and external proofs