Position Title: Print Production Artist- Fashion
Position Title: Print Production Artist
Contract: Durations vary
***One of our Fortune 500 retailers is seeking Print Production Artists in New York City***
The Production Artist provides accurate and on-time creation of production mechanical files for International product packaging. He/she supports end-to-end International artwork development for assigned brands and special projects. He/she provides additional pre-press support and coordination to the Senior Production Artist and Manager, International Graphics.
International Mechanical Layout/Routing/Release
1. Leverage knowledge in art production/print process to support decision-making and execute International design while maintaining original design integrity and intent.
• Conduct preliminary review of initial design layout submission (DTO2s) to identify potential design challenges and offer solutions for International layout. *Consulting with (Senior) Production Coordinator, Senior Production Artist, or Manager as necessary.
• Proactively identify potential market-specific concerns (eg. Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) and escalate accordingly for resolution/direction.
• Proactively identify potential Legal/Trademark, Regulatory, Design, and print execution challenges and escalate accordingly for resolution/direction.
• Participate in DTO discussions with Brand Design, Package Development and external vendors as needed to identify best possible International design modification solution.
• Support cost avoidance initiatives by identifying opportunities to share as many plates and dies with domestic artwork as possible.
2. Support the development of print-ready mechanicals for assigned brands based on supplied assets (US mechanical, multi-language copy, codes, specifications, etc.) to meet International Brand Merchant (IBM) expectations.
• Review supplied assets, evaluate and clarify content details as necessary.
• Proof read all work prior to routing.
• Review and obtain approvals on design layout and specifications from Senior Production Artist or Manager as necessary.
3. Route and update mechanicals as necessary to adhere to all Legal, Regulatory, Packaging and Language requirements.
• Document and maintain all necessary mechanical approvals.
4. Create and maintain Arabic request templates in Adobe Illustrator as necessary.
5. Prepare and release approved mechanical files and corresponding images to vendors within three business days of US mechanical release.
• Troubleshoot any questions/concerns from vendors.
6. Implement Change Management requests for assigned brands.
Maintenance of Style Guides/Templates
1. Maintain production style guides and templates for assigned brands.
2. Maintain organization of production server for assigned brands.
• Attend and participate in weekly US Production Team meetings
• Attend and participate in bi-weekly International Graphics Team Artwork Status Update meetings
• Attend and participate in weekly one-on-one touchbases with Senior Production Artist and/or Manager
• Attend weekly Design Ops meetings for assigned brands as needed
• Attend pre-production meetings with partners and external vendors as needed
• Attend and participate in monthly Package Engineering and Validation Team Staff meeting
BFA/BA in Graphic Design / Packaging Design / Fine Art
• Knowledge of art production, pre-press and printing process
• MAC proficient; Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Illustrator
• Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
• Foreign languages a plus
• 2-5 years
• Flexibility in dealing with and adapting to change
• Detail-oriented, well-organized and able to thrive in a deadline driven environment
• Problem-solving skills and project management competence
• Ability to build strong partnerships across functions and work successfully in a team environment
WE WELCOME REFERRALS! CHECK OUT OUR REFERRAL POLICY HERE: $$$$ http://aquent.com/rewards/
WORKING WITH AQUENT
Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward Bart passes, etc.)
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Position Title: Print Production Artist- Fashion