• Formulate design concepts and presentation approaches for visual communications media. Direct art work or layout design.
• Formulate basic layout design or presentation approach and specify material details, such as style and size of type, photographs, graphics, animation, video, and sound.
• Confer with creative, art, copywriting, or production department heads to discuss client requirements and presentation concepts and to coordinate creative activities.
• Present final layouts to clients for approval.
• Review and approve art materials, copy materials, and proofs of printed copy developed by others.
• Develop design solutions.
• Create custom illustrations or other graphic elements.
• Confer with clients to determine objectives, budget, background information, and presentation approaches, styles, and techniques.
• Review illustrative material to determine if it conforms to standards and specifications.
• Shepherd graphics work through final stages of production; coordinate the finishing of graphics projects; interact with vendors and external contractors to ensure quality of products.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related discipline with a minimum of 6 years of related experience; or, a minimum of 10 years of related experience.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in branding, communications, graphic design, illustration, publications design and production, and storytelling.
• Advanced user of graphics software, including Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop).
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs