• Customer Focus – You make visual design recommendations grounded in customer insights gleaned from past test results, user research, usability sessions, etc.
• Be Prolific and Articulate – You generate multiple concepts that fulfill project/business requirements, articulate the merits of each, and recommend which would best meet the project goals and how to test the top contenders.
• End-to-End Execution – Your role spans the entire project lifecycle and you’re key at every stage from ideation, planning, prototyping, wireframes, visual design, specification, production.
• Leverage Best Practices – You use outside-in consumer psychology, proven design patterns, and data & insights to create beautiful and usable online marketing experiences that compel users to take action.
• Collaboration – You work closely with other designers, researchers, product managers, writers, and developers to optimize for customer needs, business outcomes, and technology constraints, and you solicit feedback and constructive contribution in review sessions to make work stronger
• Apply strategic thinking to design and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences that optimize among user needs, business goals, and technological realities
• Take ideas and concepts, and visualize them in such that they are communicated effectively and compellingly for internal leaders, partners and customers.
• Turn visions into concepts and translate those concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity, despite complexity of the system.
• Directly responsible for delivering User Experience visions, UI specifications, wireframes and prototypes.
• Collaborate effectively with researchers, product management, development, marketing, and other team members.
• Use facilitative leadership skills to drive to the best outcome for stakeholders, resulting in others learning from you, and inspiring others to want to work with you.
• Participate in and foster the Experience Design Community and mentor junior members of the design team.
• Four-year degree in fine art, graphic design, or other relevant field. Graduate degree a plus.
• 5-7 years of visual design experience in delivering high-volume, high-profile or award-winning web sites or products; preferably experience with desktop or windows products
• Expert knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product marketing, and user research. Seasoned in Agile development processes.
• Deep knowledge of user experience methods, innovation, ideation, storytelling, prototyping, design frameworks, concept visualization, problem-framing skills and design principles
• Proven track record in setting a vision for great customer experiences, inspiring others to get behind the vision, and ultimately delivering products and services that are known for their delightful experience and ease of use
• Exemplary ability to build positive, collaborative relationships across teams/groups/functions through facilitative leadership to deliver great results and to "raise the bar" continually as an effective leader of positive change
• Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
• Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner.
• Expertise with design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, but skilled in creating 'lo-fi' prototypes to share with users in a fast, iterative manner.
• Familiarity with web and mobile technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions.
• A passion for creating visual experiences that resonate on an emotional level
• Strong online portfolio available for viewing
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs