Fantastic opportunity for Principal level Visual Designers available! Temp to start with opportunity for extension or perm with Fortune 500 Tech company based in Mountain View!
**Location: MTV or SF; if SF, the worker will need to commute to MTV about 2x per week to be with the team. Cannot be 100% from SF. **
WHO OUR CLIENT IS:
A business and financial software company who are a central catalyst for design driven optimism, using design as their core skill set to visualize, inspire and influence future thinking.
YOUR ROLE: (DESIGN CRAFT 75%, STRATEGIC 25%)
We are looking for a visual designer to augment the current projects running on our small (but mighty) team. We need your stunning aesthetic sensibility and skills to visualize and define new to the world experiences - for existing and emerging technologies. Your impact will be focused at the intersection of interaction design, visual design, storytelling and brand. This means we need you to be able to:
• Be an integral member of a Design group committed to excellence, impact and fun.
• Bring a new dimension to our group with your visual design and design thinking chops.
• Bring clarity to ambiguity, as you craft a range of design solutions with the team - involving 2D and motion (3D and video a bonus) - for mobile, web and VR .
• Explore new ideas for visual affordances, data visualizations and motion, using human centered design processes.
• Use your experience to collaboratively create and communicate emotionally engaging POVs that inform the direction of projects.
• Create iterative prototypes to test ideas with customers during the project.
• 5+ years of professional design work experience in delivering high quality, high volume, award winning design and products.
• Proven track record of beautiful and simple visual design and interface solutions that are elegant, highly functional and elicit positive emotions.
• Deep knowledge of design principles and methods, innovation, and ideation tools. Technically savvy and up-to-date on evolving visual design best practices & global mobile product trends.
• An extensive (broad and deep) portfolio of design / product work that demonstrates business results through improved customer experiences, backing up design recommendations with solid rationale.
• Expertise with visual design systems, creating components and guidelines for multiple digital platforms. For example: mobile, web, television, wearables, hand-held devices, or VR, etc.
• Effective communicator, presenter and negotiator and collaborator.
• Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage complex projects in a timely manner.
• Passion for collaboration and ability to work with multidisciplinary teams.
• BA degree or higher in Graphic Design, Human Computer Interaction or other related disciplines.
• Expertise with design tools such as Sketch, Adobe CC suite, Fireworks, After Effects. 3D tools such as Maya, 3D Studio Max or Rhino and Keyshot a bonus.