A global retail giant is in need of a Principal User Experience Designer to expand the definition of "store" to include an end-to-end experience that is digital, physical and human. You'd be a part of a brand new team that creates compelling shopping experiences. You'd work on products spanning across multiple platforms, emphasizing emerging technologies and user-centered innovations such as digital storefronts and embedded displays (kiosk), natural user interfaces (gestural), POS, and cross-screen web and native (iOS/Android) experiences.
- Delivering for what the future of the channel should be, and responsible for making sure the work is up to standard
- Some mentorship but no direct line management
- Part of the role will be to sync and align with other principals
- 80% will be IC project work and the remainder mentorship
Required Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of 10 years of UX Design experience
- Portfolio/work samples must show proficiency in interaction design and visual design
- Must have led a large program of work (entire channel, not just individual features)
- Must have worked for significant chunks of time in a business
- Balance between hardware/software. Needs to have delivered in an offline space, physical space, ideally in retail.
- Formal training, a design degree, at least a Bachelor’s
- Background could span industrial design to HCI to architecture