Our client is seeking a passionate, team-oriented Principal UX Designer to join its Customer Experience organization to play a visionary role in shaping the user experience design for their website.
The Principal UX Designer will lead the vision for features and functionalities across the entire channel, and realize the strategic vision through the conceptualization and design of engaging user experiences. Ideal candidates are recognized thought leaders in the industry who have a proven track record of leading and delivering elegant, world-class designs in a fast paced collaborative team environment.
Candidates should have a minimum of 10 years of experience designing across digital channels.
Strong candidates will be able to demonstrate a track record of advancing business goals and solving unmet user needs, leading and influencing in a cross-functional context, and using research and data driven decision making to inform the design of the experience. In addition to being an individual contributor, the Principal UX Designer will mentor the UX designers within their channel and guide their efforts to align with strategic vision. The candidate is responsible to perform other duties as assigned.
• Designs current and future channel user experience that meets long term and near term business goals and user needs (e.g. KPI’s and user success metrics).
• Effectively collaborates with executives, managers, product managers, engineers, and researchers to define, conceptualize, and design user-facing products.
• Partners with the UX leadership team to define the channel experience and to ensure deliverables are consistent with the user experience design vision.
• Designs across entire website, ensuring a consistent user experience across devices.
• Works through channel design problems from beginning to end: conceptualizes new products and features, designs storyboards, workflows, interactions, wireframes, high fidelity mockups, and design standards based on business goals and user research.
• Champions user experience design throughout the company and contributes to making it an essential process for improvement and innovation.
• Serves as a subject matter expert and thought leader on user experience design across the company (including assigned channel, the CX organization, and other organizations), as well as the broader design community (e.g. presenting at conferences, writing articles, teaching, etc.).
• Mentors user experience designers across the company.