A later stage SaaS startup in the beauty industry is in need of a rockstar Principal Product Designer to elevate the product's user experience. This is a phenomenal opportunity for someone who knows the right way to onboard customers in a mobile app and how to create a utility that is both delightful to use and highly functional. The role is permanent, full-time and will start as soon as the right candidate is found.
- Designing end to end product experiences
- Validating those with users
- Preparing the assets for engineering to build them
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 6 years of experience designing products/solutions from scratch, with at least 2 contiguous years at a single company
- Must be a thought leader in design and be able to communicate that to the company
- Must have both consumer and mobile experience, ideally on products that are utility-oriented
- Ability to turn research into a solution; heavier emphasis on information architecture, interaction design, and site mapping but also able to do some visual design
- Portfolios: must show case studies, process, narrative arc, including wireframes and whiteboarding exercises; clearly identify the problem and why their solution created value for the user and the business
Desired Characteristics & Fit
- Resilience and backbone. Deal with lots of opinions and directions, and have the ability to steer the conversation. Possess the language and methodology to back up their decisions. Able to concisely and articulately explain their process, what goal they were trying to solve.
- High energy culture; must have passion for the work and be crisp and articulate in their communication style.