Presentations Project / Traffic Manager up to £30-35k doe.
My client is an independent creative communications agency with offices in London and Amsterdam. They have an incredible client list that covers all sectors including health and beauty, technology, FMCG, financial institutions, government agencies and telecommunications. Projects are diverse and include internal and external communications, presentations, video and animation, live events and exhibitions.
The Presentations PM role is very fast paced & agile, handling 15+ projects a week, quick turnover, low budget (average £3k - £6k). Experience in a similar fast-paced agency role will be necessary to hit the ground running. Would suit a strong junior looking to step up or a seasoned MW PM with fast paced agency experience.
The presentations team create bespoke high end slides for their biggest clients; using custom graphics, animation and interaction they push the boundaries of traditional presentation design. Also offer creative, bespoke Word Template solutions. These projects range from small, fast turnaround deliveries to much larger VBA solutions with significantly longer lead times and budgets. Your role as a Senior Project Manager will involve Traffic Managing the studio and ensuring projects run smoothly from briefing to final delivery.
This will involve preparing estimates and proposals, liaising with clients and designers, allocating resource and regularly updating the team on project progress. You will provide advice and support to other Project Managers, as well as contributing to process developments as the team and service offering evolve. Although the role will be predominantly office-based, some travel will be required in order to attend client meetings.
- Leadership - Leading by example - actively developing own project management skills. Providing mentoring to new PMs who join the Presentations team.
- Providing advice and support to the other team PMs, ensuring they understand and adhere to processes.
- Running regular 'lessonslearned’ debrief sessions with the team PMs (and designers where appropriate).
- Remaining a positive and proactive influence on the team, even in challenging situations.
- Processes - Using PM tools consistently and correctly (e.g. Sales spreadsheet, 10,000ft, Trello & our CRM) & regularly monitoring use within the team, ensuring PMs & Designers adopt best practice.
- Regularly analysing PM processes, suggesting and implementing improvements and/or new solutions.
- Adopting new project management practices with passion and discipline.
- Projects - Traffic managing the Presentations studio schedule, keeping in regular contact with PMs & Designers to secure & adapt client bookings as required.
- Understanding briefs and creating financial proposals.
- Developing project plans, liaising with the creative team, ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Managing a number of projects at any one time, which will significantly vary in budget and complexity.
- Ensuring you manage the expectations of all stakeholders by communicating through meetings, verbal, written and email forms.
- Ensuring your allocated clients are receiving best in class service.
- Ensuring all work has been QA checked in advance of client delivery.
- Liaising with external suppliers when additional services are required (e.g. copywriting, voiceovers, printing).
- Sales - Establishing and maintaining strong client relationships through regular close contact which will include face to face meetings, telephone and email communication.
- Competently selling our team’s services to new / repeat clients, recognising opportunities to 'upsell’ where appropriate.
- Developing a solid understanding of services across the wider business, recognising opportunities to 'cross-sell’ where appropriate.
- Monitoring team capacity, and regularly communicating updates with the Sales & Account Management teams to help them drive business - especially during predictably quieter periods.
- Keeping the Head of Department informed of all key activities within each account.
- Other - Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with teams across the wider business.
- Assisting the Head of Department with other team related tasks where required (for example running knowledge sharing sessions with the team / wider business, and 'owning’ specific elements of the team strategy).
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years’ PM experience within an agency environment.
- Proven traffic management experience within an agile design team.
- Experience of handling multiple projects across a variety of disciplines at any one time.
- Knowledge of a variety of marketing deliveries from print to digital.
- Knowledge and understanding of design.
- A good understanding of what is required at every stage throughout the project life cycle.
- Must be able to quickly understand the client, their products and their industry.
- Ability to follow quality assurance and operational processes.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Organisation is essential as is your attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Can do’ attitude.
- Ability to lead a project using own initiative and working as part of a team.
- Strong listening and questioning skills.
- Ability to effectively manage customer & staff relationships, promptly respond to queries, ensure promises are kept and manage expectations.Abi