Our client is a Fortune-500 pharmaceuticals and biosciences firm seeking a long term, contract Pre-Flight Specialist to join their busy team! If you are experienced in the production of advertising and marketing collateral, particularly within the ad agency or pharmaceutical world, we are looking for you. Please read on:
Position Description and Responsibilities
• Responsible for preflighting all production files.
• Responsible for QC checks to ensure all files contain all correct elements needed for production of final deliverables including all TIFF and EPS files, and all fonts
• Checks files to ensure that all settings are correct including color, image resolution and output settings
• Corrects all inconsistencies and mistakes in the art file before its release. Including: typesetting revisions, resizing artwork, photo retouching, correcting any vector artwork, color correction/adjustments, and page sequence/imposition revisions.
• As needed, builds mechanicals, according to specs and designer instructions.
• Ensures all deadlines are met.
• Works with Print Specialists and Design teams troubleshooting and problem solving production issues.
• Produces all poster, CD, and proof production.
Skills and Knowledge Desired
• Must be able to operate all prepress equipment. Including: scanners, inkjet and laser printers, Mac and Windows platforms and RIPs, hardware or software; Mac, Windows or UNIX based platforms.
• Possess a clear understanding of computer network and new and existing server technologies.
• Must be proficient in all major desktop publishing applications. Specifically; Quark Xpress, , Adobe Creative Suite, (InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Acrobat). Should also be familiar with Microsoft Word and Powerpoint.
• Good understanding of the conversion issues when using these apps across Mac and Windows platforms.
• Ability to create high quality CMYK or RGB images. Understands dot gain, color separations, trapping, Pantone to CMYK conversions, imposition work, and photo retouching.
• Good understanding on how to troubleshoot problem art files.
• Operates effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Excellent project management skills, highly organized and ability to multitask effectively.
• Proven team player with good interpersonal skills.
• Associates degree or equivalent experience.
• 3-5 yrs. experience working on Pre Press and Preflight team.
• Must be proficient in all current major desktop publishing software and technologies.
• Should be able to operate/troubleshoot problems on all prepress equipment and artwork.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs