The primary job responsibility of the PowerBI Analyst is to design, develop, and implement BI tools for measuring project health and key performance indicators in a dashboard experience. The analyst will collaborate with business owners to understand key performance indicators and provide input on data visualization for those metrics. S/he will also ensure that data feeds work consistently for an “always on” solution that updates dynamically without constant human intervention.
- Collaborate with business owners to understand their needs and make recommendations as to the best way to visually display metrics and data to support decision making and provide additional insight.
- Use discretion and experience to build customized dashboards with the PowerBI data visualization tool to meet the needs of the business owner.
- Collaborate with database administrators on the technical side of the dashboard implementation in order to complete the implementation.
- Collaborate with the database administrators to manage the technical aspects of PowerBI as needed.
- Assist with project analyses by designing analytical and modeling methods to evaluate performance following implementation.
- Recognize opportunities to automate processes for optimization and increased efficiency.
- Provide recommendations on process improvements and quality controls.
- 4+ years of experience in business analysis or related functions.
- Experience creating dashboards with PowerBI.
- Advanced Excel and SQL, software skills required.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate data visualization software skills.
- Strong process improvement, critical thinking, and analysis skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to understand logical connections between ideas and solve problems systematically.
- Effective organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize and coordinate projects successfully.
**Position can be predominantly remote, onsite for meetings as needed**