Large Media and Entertainment company is seeking a post-production assistant to join one of their network channel teams. This is a 1-month contract to start, with the possibility of extension.
- Employ best practices for voice over casting and post-production scheduling.
- Assist Sr. Production Manager by managing up to date Voice Over spread sheets, VO Calendar, actuals and payments in order to process VO Talent payments and Non Union Contracts.
- Reconcile Post Invoices and provide financial and other data reports via Media Pulse needed by Marketing and Creative Executives.
- Enter into On-Air Pro Database and/or MAM system new or revised promo deliverables for Synergy, Off-Air, Digital and Marketing Commercial time.
- Provide back up support for Post Scheduling Coordinator and Production Manager with day-to-day operational deliveries
- Coordinate and fulfill file and clip requests for both internal and external partners.
- Ensure external Vendors deliver all promo elements per Network Vendor Toolkit specifications; archive and maintain all format files for retrieval at any time.
- Manage On-Air Pro database with information such as music cues, scripts and progress notes.
- Ensure that all Post-production scheduling expectations and duties are facilitated in a timely basis.
- Stays current and knowledgeable on all Network shows & content.
- Contribute to Short Form Production Department in a wide range of areas to provide production support as required.
- Coordinate the procurement of stock footage for On-Air Promotions projects.
- Complete specials projects as assigned by Sr. Manager, Post Production
- Back up for Social Media Producer & Coordinator in the following areas
- Social Media - Daily Facebook/social QT deliveries
- Marking completed off-air Work orders, scripts and music cues in OAP database
- Back up for Integrated Marketing Creative Coordinator producing and delivering regular sponsored billboards in house.
- At least 1 year experience in post-production capacity in one of the following:
- Network –On Air Promotion Post-production department
- Post-production Facility or Post-production Department
- Production Company— Commercials, Interstitials
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Xytech, Filemaker Pro based programs and Excel-based spreadsheets.
- Understanding of AVID, Adobe Premiere and/or Final Cut Pro editing software, After-effects, Photoshop and Graphic based workflows.
- Ability to convert native digital files into other formats utilizing Adobe Premiere, Compressor or Avid Media Composer
- Ability to change and adapt to rapidly changing post production technologies
- Ability to change and adapt to programming changes that affect promotional deliveries
- QC and Approve promotional material via an Internal MAM system.
- Knowledge of broadcast technical and delivery specifications for linear and digital platforms.
- Some production experience working in Post-production suites.
- Expertise in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to review Production invoices prior to Production Manager approval
- Self-starter, takes initiative, proactive
- Ability to work with various communication styles and creative viewpoints.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Approaches challenges as opportunities for learning and creative thinking
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment
- Bachelor’s degree in media related field or equivalent work experience
- Continuing education in Post-production emerging technologies.
Night and weekend work as necessary if assigned or if projects/duties require.