We are redesigning and moving our current HR intranet to a new content management system. As part of that effort, all content on the current site needs to be re-written in a manner that allows employees to find the information quickly, understand it and take appropriate action.
The HR Portal Content Editor will play an instrumental role in interviewing and coordinating with our content owners, rewriting, reformatting and reorganizing the content and posting it in our new CMS.
The ideal candidate is an experienced internet writer and content editor who understands how to effectively leverage content, layout and design to enable employee self-service. The successful candidate should understand best practices for effective online content, including search optimization, site design and navigation.
The candidate must also be able to effectively interact with various business owners, acting as a partner and web content thought leader to help them understand and buy in to the new portal design and experience.
Ideally, the candidate would also have experience presenting content in other formats such as infographics, videos and podcasts as well as past experience gathering user feedback and performing data analytics.
• Edit, develop and manage content for our HR intranet
• Manage relationships with business partners and subject matter experts globally
• Execute our content strategy for highly localized web content (country and region level) to drive adoption and usage among local employees and managers
• Ensure all web content follows SEO best practices
• Proofread content updates for accuracy, consistency and adherence to site standards and guidelines
• Proactively analyze site feedback and metrics data to identify improvement opportunities and formulate action plans
• Passion for building a world-class online customer experience for every single user
• Very strong attention to detail
• Self-starter who takes a proactive approach to work
• Minimum of three years working in online content management
• Expertise in online publication and writing conventions, preferably in an editor role
• Strong understanding of User Experience design
• Working knowledge of SEO best practices
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; track record of success collaborating in fast-moving, cross-functional environments
• B.A. or certification in Management Information Systems, Communications, or similar
• Infographic creation and other support materials
• Web analytics
• Experience with HR content
1 – Responsibilities that the resource will be responsible for?
Re-writing/editing current portal content according to new voice and tone, SEO best practices, spelling/grammar, and end user experience.
2 – Can you describe the team culture in your department?
Friendly, fast-paced. Great co-workers, everyone is willing to help each other but we’re all expected to know our own systems and responsibilities. Lots of partnership with other teams and groups.
3 – What are the three must have skills you are looking for?
1. Attention to details. This is a very complex project with a ton of moving parts. We need someone who can stay on top of their assignments and all of the minute details that accompany those tasks.
2. Solid people skills. The contractor will be working with HR business partners and content owners who have limited web publishing experience. The contractor needs to be able to interact tactfully with our partners, while educating them and enforcing our new standards and guidelines.
3. Solid writing skills. They need to really understand best practices for web content, which isn’t necessarily the same as technical writing or academia – and it would be very helpful if they have experience in other formats such as creating infographics, videos, podcasts, etc.
4 - What are the soft skills that you believe candidates must possess to be successful in this position?
Confidence and professionalism. The candidate needs to be able to establish solid relationships with all of our business partners to the point where our COEs can trust the contractor, and by extension our team, will deliver a finished product that really represents MyHR.
5 – What is your interview process?
We’ll do an initial phone screen to assess technical fit for the role. I follow up with a brief test/homework assignment for the candidates to complete. Those that do well on the test will be brought in for an in-person interview focused on personality / culture fit within the team itself. Then we’ll make a decision on a candidate.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs