Sampling Planning Coordinator, Color Marketing
This is a long-term, ongoing opportunity where they are looking for an entry level sampling coordinator for downtown San Francisco! This position will be on-site, 40 hours, week, plus medical, dental, vision benefits offered. This is an amazing entry level position to get in with a large brand and grow! Please review the description below. If you are interested, please apply with your updated resume. We are looking for a polished, buttoned-up, and professional as this is a client facing roll. The ideal person will be able to roll with frequent changes, be flexible, super muliti-tasker and juggle a LOT of different brands. Good with analytical tasks and extreme attention to detail and very comfortable working with Excel.
Responsible for supporting the day-to-day management of color sampling logistics including inventory tracking, comp collection and updating forecast with actuals. Partner with 40+ color brands to manage all sample inputs across multiple trackers. Ensure timely and accurate delivery of sampling information, samples and pertinent information to cross-functional partners.
Reports into Senior Marketing Manager on the Brand Marketing Color team.
• 85% of time focused on sampling logistics, 15% of time focused on other team projects.
• Tracks samples from 40+ color brands.
• Inputs, tracks and manages delivery of samples across multiple sampling initiatives (dotcom, smart sampling and in-store)
• Manages the color world meet to forecast tracker, the by brand contribution to forecast, and input of samples into Monthly Pitch sheets.
• Supports color marketing team by managing brand sampling plans, including calendaring, planning, communication and issue resolution.
• Serves as point of contact for brands on day-to-day sampling logistics (order form, accuracy of information, meet to forecast & sampling requirements).
• Partners with the Sampling Merchandise Planning Assistant to facilitate accurate and timely sample ordering as well as to provide extra support in resolving sampling logistics issues.
• Participates in cross-functional meetings; speaking to available inventory, brand sample updates and proposed alternatives
• Informs cross-functional partners of brand delays and or challenges.
• Partners with Merchandising, marketing managers, and brands to ensure timely and accurate collection of comps for social, editorial, and sampling needs.
• Manages color marketing comp inventory.
• Supports color marketing team with special projects.
• 1 year of experience in inventory planning logistics, forecasting
• College degree or equivalent experience - recent graduates accepted*
• Must have planning and forecasting experience
• Excellent technical skills – MS Office (specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Retail experience preferred
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
• Exceptional organizational skills; detail-oriented
• Strong time management skills; ability to juggle priorities
• Can-do positive attitude and a roll-up-your-sleeves approach
• Personable and flexible with demands and changes in business