The Photo Editor for Creative Services is responsible for establishing processes that archive, capture and develop visual guidelines for local imagery.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASK STATEMENTS:
• Collection of local imagery and categorization
• Oversee assignment of local photo shoots as necessary; relationships with photographers nationwide
• Establish visual guidelines for future shoots, both professional and through the state office staff
• Analyze trends and anticipate state needs based on association priorities
• Review and suggest alignment with current asset library
• Work with local offices to facilitate management of professional shoots and help instruct best practices
• Establish metrics and reports to define success
This position carries a high degree of complexity, integration and impact.
Photo Editor executes project management skills in a timely, quality manner.
All business units engage with Brand Center of Excellence/Creative Services and expect the highest caliber of client service and communication. Success depends on the ability to interpret, support and remain flexible under tight deadlines. The photo editor is critical to increasing capacity for local support through materials produced through Brand Strategy and Services staff.
Communication is key to the success of local and national engagement. Communication products created help support AARP’s One Voice and unified visual identity in supporting Brand relevance and growth. Work produced increases brand relevance and supports brand localization.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Requires a degree in photography, or related field or related work experience
• Candidates should have 2-5 years of relevant photo research/assignment experience in a studio, agency or in-house department that supports multiple executions and high volume.
• Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite and asset management systems that include search, meta data and curation/collection.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products to create Word and PowerPoint supported documents and templates.
• Requires basic skills for business communications.
• Client services skills required. Ideal candidate will demonstrate time management skills, attention to detail and a track record of collaboration.
• Ability to execute projects assigned from beginning to end with minimal supervision.
• Successful candidates will possess strong project/time management skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and contribute to the graphic support of one of America’s iconic brands.
• Understanding of web, digital, social media and mobile execution a plus.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs