Our Fortune 500 Whole Sale Client is looking for a Photo Coordinator!
The role of photo coordinator will work closely with the studio team to coordinate and support designers and production teams in the creation and execution of image needs.
The coordinator researches and builds creative briefs, manages project plans, maintains schedules, communications and deliverables for all assigned projects. This is a hands-on role supporting the needs of marketing, packaging and digital/e-commerce departments.
Tasks and Responsibilities
● Coordinate creative and scheduling of photo shoots for packaging design, marketing, apparel, publishing and e-commerce departments
● Concepting and production of creative briefs for various products
● Review and analyze project submissions for photo shoots, advising on feasibility and establishing cost and timeline estimates
● Post art files advising photo team of dielines and copy area from graphics teams
● Determine apparel styling and/or prop styling at photo shoots
● Manage photography service invoices
● Transport samples between buying teams and on campus photo studio
● Facilitate retouching orders
● Maintain spreadsheets, project calendars, style guides and vendor lists.
● Manage contact with pre approved outside services- photographers, stylists, talent and location scouts
Required Skills, Abilities, and Certifications
● Formal training at an accredited photography program or 2+ years related experience
● Understanding of image needs for packaging and/or print media
● Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Google Sheets
● Understanding of product photography, copyrights, file formats and print usage
● Good organization skills, time-management and scheduling abilities
● Strong research skills
● Eye for detail and an understanding of retouch and prepress procedures
● Ability to work independently with direction
● Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Knowledge and talents recommended for job success
● Excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and open to taking direction
● Ability to work well in a team environment
● Ability to work under extremely tight deadlines