Our client are a rapidly growing entertainment brand and are looking for a permanent UI Designer to join their team in Central London!
They apply thinking and design across the full ecosystem, from customer experience strategy and design concepting, to fully-crafted beautiful and usable digital, video and print solutions in specific sectors. Their core focus being the entertainment experience, where they are leading in design for video-on-demand inspired services, content-led and next-generation digital and transactional experiences in their sector. They have a very multi-channel approach, connecting the customer experience across mobile, web, interactive displays and emerging technologies.
They are looking for a talented UI Designer to create amazing user interfaces and overall customer and user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and innovative design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interface design across multiple digital channels.
You will be expert in all or most of the following software tools and techniques: Adobe Creative Cloud (particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign), Sketch (and Zeplin), prototyping tools such as InVision, Proto.io, Principle or similar. The ability to sketch something out with a Sharpie and to use post-its as a design tool is also highly valued!
You will have a close working relationship with UX designers as well as motion graphic designers, software developers, product owners, copy writers, marketing and sales staff, so this type of background is highly desirable.
You are highly likely to have a degree or diploma in graphic design, digital user interface / interaction design, user experience, illustration, fine art or a related subject. Just as important, is relevant and sound experience at an agency, design consultancy, technology company with a design-led focus or from within a high performing client-side digital team. You will be expected to keep up to date with the latest trends in the industry, reflecting this understanding in the approach to your work.
- Execute all visual design stages from research and concept, to fully-crafted UI design and integration with software streams.
- Conceptualise original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design challenges.
- Collaborate with other creatives, product management, creative director and software engineering to define and implement innovative solutions.
- Have an active appreciation and secondary skill-set of wireframes, storyboards and user flows, to effectively communicate designs.
- Present and explain designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders and clients.
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback with the UX designer.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven UI design experience - at least 4 years within a recognized UI/UX agency, digital advertising agency, product or design-led technology consultancy etc.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC programs, Axure, Sketch, InVision and other visual design and prototyping tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user interaction and system feedback.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, software and consumer technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of common software project management methodologies and their integration with UI/UX processes (e.g., Agile, Scrum, Lean UX, Kanban).
- Confident in Microsoft Office Suite & Google Docs.
- Degree level qualification (or similar Diploma / Higher degree) within the Creative field.
They run a core 37.5 hour week (with an hour for lunch), Monday to Friday. Additional hours to meet project deadlines and international time zones do apply at times. They also offer standard and some additional company benefits and also encourage in-house or external training.
If you tick these boxes, please send your CV and UI portfolio through to Holly at Aquent.
Please note, due to the high volume of applicants, we may only be able to get back to you if your CV has been shortlisted.