Digital Search Specialist - London - £35K - 42K + Benefits
Our client is a major consumer credit financial services company with 5.4 million customers in the UK. They provide products and services for customers in two unsecured credit market sectors; they have operated their Near Prime business since 2002 and acquired their Co-brand business from Santander UK in May 2013.
They use their extensive customer knowledge of the Near Prime and Co-brand sectors to develop products and services that evolve in line with customer's needs, promote long-term customer relationships and deliver strong business growth.
Their proprietary risk management models and segmented approach to both sectors enable them to target the specific needs of customers with tailored products.
The company's brands have reached a stage of maturity such that it would like to develop an internal digital search capability – as such, this is a newly created role offering an exceptional opportunity to shape the way the company manages digital search channels across the enterprise. The role-holder will be accountable for driving the scale and efficiency of own brands’ new customer acquisition programme via digital search channels. This will primarily involve end -to- end, hands-on management of paid search bidding strategies (inside Google AdWords and Bing Ads) as well as integrating the brands’ organic search performance to drive the optimal business outcomes.
The near-prime credit card market in the UK is estimated at over 10 million people, with hundreds of thousands of searches for near-prime products generated across search engine platforms every day. This role will be responsible for optimising our search strategies within a significant media budget to achieve the most amount of applications from these searches, as efficiently as possible.
- The company currently uses AdWords and Bing Ads as their primary tools in this area, so familiarity with these platforms is required.
- The successful candidate will have extensive hands on experience managing a Pay-Per- Click (PPC) account, and will also possess strong intellectual and analytical faculties, and the ability to manage multiple complex and large scale campaigns effectively and autonomously.
The Digital Search Specialist will ensure that we have the right tools, software and platforms in place to maintain, measure and understand campaign performance, with solutions put in place to minimise their time spent on day-to- day activities (e.g. automation, algorithmic/machine learning strategies).
With well-established campaigns in place, the [title tbc] will spend most of their time working to drive new customer growth and media spend efficiency through strategy optimisation. This could include working with our Direct Marketing team to implement and test optimisations, identifying conversion pain points, bringing in new targeting tools and techniques, etc. Ultimately, we would expect the successful candidate to take the lead in shaping how the company approaches the problems and opportunities in this area, including the potential for substantial evolution of the role itself.
- Day to day autonomous management of paid search advertising for the Own Brands credit card products via Google AdWords & Bing Ads
- Ongoing optimisation of Digital Search strategies through analytical reporting, testing and competitor reporting (e.g. via Adthena, BrightEdge or SEMRush)
- Collaboration with Marketing Managers to develop and test optimisations of keywords, ad copy and bid segmentation
- Collaboration with the Digital Analytics team to create insightful reporting and performance data
- Accountability for PPC media spend and acquisition performance, including forecasting and monitoring
- Usage of performance data and competitor/market insight to make strategic recommendations to increase new account volumes and improve search efficiency across paid and organic traffic
- Liaise with Google and Bing representatives on understanding key changes, taking action on brand infringement, etc.
- Stakeholder management with strategic partners
ESSENTIAL Skills and Experience:
- High degree of autonomous, hands on experience with AdWords and Bing Ads essential; familiarity with other platforms (e.g. DoubleClick) a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, honed in any context
- Strong commercial ability and sense
- Good understanding of the digital marketing industry
(financial services experience not essential, but useful)
- Some experience with Google Analytics a plus
- Some experience with SAS/SQL and/or databases a plus
- Capable and curious autodidact, working on the frontier of our organisation’s expertise
- High intellectual capability, combined with commercial aptitude for problem solving and decision making
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, willing to get stuck in and roll their sleeves up
*Please also include your eligibility to live and work in the UK (British Citizen or appropriate Visa/Work Permit), your availability to interview, client synopsis and Salary expectation with your application.