Want to join a fast-paced, creative team responsible for all consumer PR?
**You must have food and drink experience**
This is a newly formed team with a big remit and an opportunity for you to define how this retailer does PR. Sitting in the Local Campaigns and Consumer PR team – and within the UK Marketing Communications Department – you’ll be part of a team who are responsible for creating award-winning PR activations for brand and trade campaigns. You’ll also support with PR-specific events, product placement and press releases.
As a ‘go to’ person for consumer PR, you’ll champion the newly formed team and newly established channel within the business and externally. You’ll also work closely with the Corporate Communications team to build good working relationships to make sure messages are clear and consistent.
From the initial concepts through to sign-off, you’ll work across the business and with our external PR agency to bring the ideas to life. You’ll also work with the Insight team to create the supporting analysis, and with the Procurement team on the agency relationship to help the business with decision making.
And while you’re doing all that, you’ll be keeping on top of trends in retail, food and drink, non-food and more, bringing the best from outside the business and knowing where we should be looking for the next thing.
This is what we’ll expect you to do and how we’ll measure your success when you do it. But bear in mind that specific responsibilities can change, as they depend on the changing needs of the business.
- You will report into the Consumer PR manager and help with the development of a multi-layered consumer PR plan, aligned to the strategy and UK Marketing Communications calendar to drive a compelling and cohesive brand message.
- Work alongside the Consumer PR manager with the management of consumer PR events and activations to agreed budget and timings, at the same time as continually looking for ways to improve and innovate, offering journalists and customers something different and exciting each time.
- Generate coverage and editorial content across media publications, online and offline, which is in line with the PR strategy and works alongside the marketing strategy.
- Help with the management of the Consumer PR budget, including raising POs.
- Nurture and develop existing and new relationships with key influencers and media contacts.
- Act as a key point of contact for all PR-related queries.
- Become an expert using PR media monitoring tools, using your natural inquisitive nature to develop actionable insight for the business and embed the insights into the relevant campaign effectiveness reports.
- Write press material when necessary.
- Lead the sample management for PR campaigns and act as the key day-to-day contact for the agency.
The Ideal Candidate :
This role could be a great fit for a PR executive in a consumer-facing role looking for an exciting new challenge – or an account manager in a consumer PR agency looking for their first in-house role.
- Great bonus scheme, storecard, pension plan, 20 days holiday. You will be eligible for deals and discounts throughout the store.