The Specialist will work with the Sponsorship group within the Client Marketing Team and will have experience in managing and maximising brand sponsorships.
The role will help to manage the creation of effective marketing programmes to exploit the sponsorships and relationships that our Client holds in the UK business.
• Work with team to manage relationships with sponsored/key organisations to ensure contracts/arrangements are effectively executed and value-add programmes are designed
• Portfolio includes both sporting and cultural properties – including RBS 6 Nations rugby tournament, and the Science Museum
• Seek opportunities to maximise engagement of sponsorships across clients, employees and brand paradigms and work with Manager to help execute
• Work to maximise and extend relationships
• Apply our Client’s content to themes and events effectively to ensure messages are delivered
• Work on day-to-day basis with contacts at sponsored/key organisations
• Work with external suppliers to complete programmes as required e.g. PR and activation agencies
• Work with internal stakeholders to acquire knowledge about key client base and use that knowledge to create bespoke programmes and schedules for specific clients and specific sectors
• Help internal roll out of messages about sponsorships e.g. microsites, newsletters, communications with Internal Communications team
• Work with Manager to build and deliver a follow up programme to ensure opportunities are maximised, measured and recorded.
• Ensure that all programmes are evaluated based on proper metrics and ensure regular reporting of programme and progress against metrics to Senior Management
Reports to: UK/I Manager, Client Marketing team and UK/I Senior Manager.
External Relationships: Rights holders, vendors, suppliers, agencies, organizations and other third parties
Internal Relationships: Alumni Marketing Team, wider UKI Marketing Community, OG and GP Marketing teams, UK Managing Directors
Education: Bachelor’s degree, university degree or equivalent
Work Experience: Solid experience in management and creation of marketing, sponsorship, events and hospitality programmes. Understanding of business issues
Work Requirements: Minimal travel (related to event execution) depending on geographical span
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Understanding of business content and how to apply to business issues and problems – should have good writing and creative skills.
• Experience in managing sponsorships (particularly sports).
• Experience in managing hospitality and client entertainment – and how to leverage such events to build and extend long-term client relationships.
• Understanding and experience of managing and executing sponsorship, hospitality and events programmes.
• Understanding and ability to apply marketing concepts, branding and message development skills.
• Project management skills.
• Relationship building skills and experience of managing complex multiple stakeholders.
• Understanding of budget management and financial reporting.
• Ability to develop and apply creative, workable solutions to project-related issues.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to deliver well-executed deliverables in support of business strategy.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs