Responsible for the development and implementation of co-partner marketing with UK partner accounts. This role will work directly with a selection of partnerships accounts (supporting the Partner Account Manager, PAM) to drive marketing activity with the aim of providing a return on investment and helping to grow the market share. You will act as a consultant to the partnership group, advising them on their marketing plans and ensuring that they execute according to the guidelines and within timescales. This role will also have to understand the detail of the marketing programmes that the partners are involved with and ensure that the partners understand those programmes and what is expected of them to qualify. This role requires a good attention to detail as there are specific processes that need to be followed in the group to ensure that we meet strict compliance guidelines. This role will also be responsible for communicating the benefits of our Client’s products and solutions to the partners and will need to think of creative ways of doing this. This role will manage budgets, marketing plans and the execution of those plans to drive attach my client's well known operating system and other software to PC's. You will need to be able to build good relationships and deliver activities that give a good return on investment. You will be the device evangelists for the accounts that you look after.
• Marketing manager works closely with the Partner Account Manager (PAM) to understand the priorities for the partnerships accounts for which they are responsible
• Develop joint marketing plans with partners and ensure the Partner executes these plans in the agreed timescales
• Communicate and inform our partners on products, marketing efforts, engagement opportunities, events, resources and training, etc. to drive partners to action on key metrics.
• Manage and be accountable for the Local Marketing Budgets and any central funding Programmes
• Train partners on the Marketing Programmes to ensure compliance
• Ensure that plans are coordinated with the relevant Business Group leads and PAMs to avoid duplication and ensure that the ROI is as effective as possible (10:1 is the minimum)
• Measure program effectiveness/return on investment data, and correct as necessary to meet business goals.
• Identify trends in partner markets/competitor activity, anticipate long-term programme needs and propose creative programmes or solutions.
• Coordinate and track marketing programs/budget through partner account managers.
• Create quarterly marketing Business Reviews to show MS / marketing engagements.
• Represent partnership division on relevant virtual teams relevant to this role.
• Feed into the Monthly (Rhythm of the Business) ROB and reporting with relevant examples and data points
• Work with the EMEA Marketing managers and report back on activities
• Identify the key Corp contacts and the BGs to facilitate activities and funding requests and share best practice
• Support the Group Marketing Lead in terms of driving a positive culture within the Marketing Team and take on stretch projects as well as improve the profile of the marketing team within CCG and the Sub.
Key Success Criteria
• ROI of marketing programs and the ability to execute in fast changing environment
• Execution of Global Marketing Campaigns at a local level
• Device success with the partners and internal devices showcase
• Office revenue performance, SKU mix and attach
• Server revenue performance and attach rates
• Windows revenue performance and Premium Windows Mix
• partners level of satisfaction with our Client Partnership Marketing (CPE survey)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
1) Essential Experience
• Min 3 years in a partner marketing or related role preferably with experience at or working with Partners: Distribution partners or Resellers • Ability to work in a high pressure environment whilst delivering against tactics effectively and accurately.
• Ability to take Market Intelligence and use this to identify market opportunities
• Ability to Prioritise activities in line with goals.
• Ability to work cross group in the EMEA, Corp and UK Sub organizations.
• Ability to take on stretch projects whilst delivering against their core objectives
• Good Knowledge of the overall IT industry and market.
• Providing detailed reporting on ROI of Marketing activities and understanding the difference between incremental sales and run rate and how to achieve the former.
• Evidence of leadership through managing v-teams or projects from conception through to delivery.
2) Technical/Functional Skills
• Experience of working in the channel is essential would be an advantage to be successful in this role.
• Core marketing skills (effective use of the marketing mix)
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Core presentation skills / confidence
• Ability to develop value propositions for Partners against key products
• Ability to manage budgets / proven numeric ability
• Very organized
• Very detailed
3) Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to develop strong relationships at multiple levels
• Ability to manage a very large and fluctuating workload with multiple priorities, deadlines and contacts in a fast paced environment
• Great verbal, telephone and written communication skills
• Very strong team player but with ability to work on own initiative
• Customer focused and Customer satisfaction oriented
• Relevant degree or Institute of Marketing qualification
• Sales/marketing experience (in software industry preferred)
• Relevant marketing experience ( in the Partner channel)
Special Requirements/Additional Information e.g. Language Skills
• Fluent in both verbal and written English
• Clean driving license
• Ability to work outside normal hours as dictated by business requirements i.e. travel to Partners, calls to the US in the evening etc.
• Ability to travel in Europe and as business dictates to the US
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs