· Contract to start ASAP
- Reading, UK
· Contract will be until 30th June
The purpose of this role is to create and implement a high impact, end-to-end Communications plan reaching both internal and external audiences. With the ever increasing importance and awareness around keeping it top of mind, making it accessible and relevant is an important part of this role. In addition, recognising/rewarding behaviour and achievements via the key Awards programs and taking the learnings, packaging them up and sharing best practices across the organisation, both at the UK and WW level is a key element of the job. With the aim of “doing more with less” this role will also work closely with the other key communications teams and engines across the Subsidiary to ensure that maximum coverage and positive traction is gained through every available channel. An important part of this role is to be the ambassador for the team across the wider team and Marketing Communications communities to ensure full coordination across marketing vehicles to maximise integration and alignment around the messages.
Our mission is to consistently satisfy our customers and partners with great experiences through our products and services, the way we listen and respond, and by making it simpler to do business with our company. In doing so, we not only drive satisfaction, but enable Microsoft to win new customers and grow the business.
Provide experiences for our customer and partners, across all of their interactions, that they value and recognize, and that enable them to realize their full potential.
• Develop key internal relationships across the team, community and the UK Sub, to ensure complete communication integration and cross-group alignment
• Continually add value to the team/community and improve internal customer satisfaction
• Demonstrate business awareness and commercial acumen to support the group goals and targets (Sub Scorecard and CPE Scorecard)
• Optimisation of budget spend and impact analysis, including tracking and reporting via the key marketing planning tools and processes
• Build excellent relationship with marketing agencies/vendor
• Ensure continuous improvement of Communications through a targeted, integrated, relevant and effective marketing communications plan
• Examples of specific responsibilities
Global Relationship Study (GRS) results:
• high visibility and impact communications around results both when they are released (Nov and May) and at key points over the course of the fiscal year
• Supporting the team Leads with reporting, some analysis and the uploading of key data to the CPE SharePoint
• Supporting the Leads in creating the slide decks for each part of the UK organisation to communicate the GRS results consistently across the business
• Supporting the release of the GRS Dashboard (twice per year) for account managers to review and action their customer feedback
• Monthly tracking of the Scorecard results
• Communication of results via the Monthly CPE newsletter
• Supporting the CPE Leads around follow up with key stakeholders across the business for progress updates to support turning the Scorecard metrics Green.
• Running the key Awards programs end to end – including Champs Awards and “Do The Right Thing”
• Integrated communications across all UK communications engine (reciprocal content/links etc)
• Team communications: managing, evolving and updating the SharePoint site and content, internal presentations (slides and talking tracks), All Hands decks, UConnect articles, mssocial updates etc.
• Voice Of Customer/Partner (VOC/P) & GetHelp – inc SiTel visits & recorded customer/partner calls
• Manage UK community communications and proactive engagement around key CPE initiative
• Create and evolve the internal brand (inc stories, evidence, great data/talking points) etc.
• Videos/voxpops; including UK Exec videos, Champions videos, capturing customer/partner feedback at events for distribution around the Sub etc.
• British Quality Foundation (BQF), HCCM and CXPA. This involves co-ordinating the CPE team to attend appropriate events externally as well as managing at least 1 event per year at Microsoft for members to attend
• Benchmarking & Best Practice sharing/bringing knowledge back into the team
• Increase benefit utilization beyond team. This includes enhancing internal awareness of our membership beyond the team and ensuring we increase the number of employees taking advantage of the membership benefits available.
• Industry events – speaking opportunities, support in building slide decks, case studies and stories, sourcing content and videos from various sources either locally, from other Subs or from Corp.
• Maximize evidence, data points and press coverage by working closely with the UK PR team.
Key Success Criteria
• An integrated, high impact Communications plan that delivers a strong presence around the UK business
• Marketing Communications Excellence – ability to create communications initiatives that stand out, increase awareness and drive the appropriate actions/behaviours
• Improve MS Poll questions by +5 point YoY by end FY13
• Increase participation in UK Maturity Model – FY13 goal 80%
• Shared accountability with the team for % Green metrics on Scorecard
• Quality, quantity and impact of timely CPE news stories around key events in the calendar (eg GRS results,) as well as traction around Best Practice stories
• A strong pipeline of high quality Champions awards nominations every quarter
• Positive feedback via CPE v-team/stakeholders around the quality, relevance and impact of communications
Ensuring the Leads and v-team community, have full visibility, awareness and involvement (where appropriate) of the Communications activities happening across the Sub.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
• Has to be passionate about Customer & Partner Experience
• Strong Project management experience are essential
• Proven track record in marketing communications (internal and external), preferably within an large complex organisation, with strong track record of success
• Good decision maker with strong planning and organisation skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks
• Ability to write and create high impact internal and external communications (eg. website content, PowerPoint presentations, marketing collateral, reports etc)
• Experience of working with marketing agencies, developing briefs, managing the creative process whilst keeping to time and budget requirements
• Strong budget management experience
• Strong influencer/negotiator with the ability to manage diverse views/ideas to create better outcomes
• Creative thinker who is able to see the bigger picture as well as bring together new and exciting ideas with practical execution
• Must have the ability to continually identify new communications opportunities, internally or externally, and be able to creatively execute them
• Broad knowledge and experience of marketing communications strategy development and implementation.
• Expert knowledge of technology and business marketing communications techniques and processes
• Leadership skills with the ability to influence others
• Good level of SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
• An outgoing, confident and strong communicator
• Flexible and adaptable to change
• Good team player
• Results driven – ability to get things off the ground as well as seeing them through to completion
• Highly proactive
• Strong ability to influence others
• University degree or equivalent is essential
• Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) qualification or equivalent is preferable
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
· Contract to start ASAP