Partner Alliances Event Coordinator
As the Partner Alliances Event Coordinator, you will utilize project management skills, outstanding customer service, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to solve problems in order to meet changing needs. This role reports to the Partner Alliances Events Manager and assists in the everyday tasks of coordinating and running events of all types and sizes. The candidate for this position will be able to take on the sole responsibility for performing a variety of events-related functions. Enthusiasm, flexibility, creativity, and the ability to track a myriad of details are key requirements for this position. Candidate should have an interest in event coordination as well as the video game industry.
Assist Events Manager with key components in planning for PlayStation events including but not limited to: PSX (Dec), GDC (March), Dev Con (May) & E3 (June)
- Track deadlines and deliverables
- Collect required assets and deliver to internal teams for execution
- Route graphics to appropriate parties for approvals
- Assist with coordinating event set-up, on-site event management, and tear down
- Provide onsite support at events as necessary
- Manage hotel rooming lists (both internal and external)
- Prepare nametags, event materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Coordinate and/or participate in all efforts to publicize event.
- Gather and help create invitee list, send out invitations and manage RSVP list.
- Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation support as well as pre- and post-event evaluations.
- Manage content for mobile event app
- Manage and update website content
- Assist with developer and publisher communication
- Provide administrative support, including communicating with employees and vendors via phone, email, and in person
- Gather, request, track and maintain event related materials such as show content, hardware and equipment requirements and rentals
- Packing boxes and preparing materials for shipping
- Assist with coordinating and tracking Third Party hardware loan program
- Upkeep of events closet. Manage physical inventory of consoles, and signage and ship boxes and packages as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including writing and proof reading
- Must be proficient using the latest versions of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Mail Merge, email, web searches and Google docs
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers
- Ability to accomplish projects with limited supervision
- Must be able to do some manual labor like upkeep and inventory of events closet, packing and shipping boxes
- Must be able to perform well in stressful situations and meet tight deadlines.
- A willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done, including rolling up his/her sleeves and working extra hours as needed.
- An interest in pursuing event management a plus.
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Ability to communicate on a technical level with A/V vendors.
- Understanding of internet and technical requirements.
- Familiarity with mobile apps for events and conferences and the ability to populate the app with provided content
- Strong, general technical knowledge of gaming products a plus