The Product Video team of a large Media and Entertainment company in Hollywood is looking for a driven, innovative and experienced Music Specialist. This is a part-time role (20-hours/week in the office) but will gradually build to full-time hours. This is a 3-month temporary role with the possibility of turning into a permanent role. This role will serve as an integral player in the creation of and exploration around trailers and promotional videos for original and licensed content.
- Work closely with video editors and producers to select music cues for our licensed and original video assets (trailers, product previews, innovation assets)
- Edit music to picture in non-linear editing software. Additionally, experience in composing to picture is preferred.
- Source music from 3rd party music libraries as well as licensing music from a wide variety of artists and genres
- Coordinate with legal on organization, administration and submission of cue sheets for the product video team
- Participate in other cross-functional internal projects specific to their music needs
- Vast knowledge of music history and genres, understanding musical form and song structure.
- 5+ years experience in Theatrical or TV music supervision/editing (studio, agency or freelance)
- Must have knowledge of synchronization, performance, and master rights
- Experience in non-linear editing platforms (Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Adobe Audition)
- Basic knowledge of video editing software (Adobe Premiere, Avid)
- Knowledge of A/V deliverable formats & workflows
- Ability to self-manage and organize workloads around tight deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills