Writes about general interest topics or draws upon specialized knowledge in a non-technical area to produce information online.
• 2-3 years work related experience required.
• Demonstrated ability to write content in the designated area required.
• Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Must be able to work under deadline pressure.
• Familiarity with one or more standard style guides required.
• Must have the ability to write to the specified style guide/format.
• Bachelors degree in English, Communications or related area preferred.
• Purpose of this team – Overall broad marketing campaign engagement work.
• Reason for the request – Team needs assistance in taking the information the researchers have found and relaying it to their blogs in a high-level manner.
• Motivators for this need – Right skill set. Contractor will be sitting offsite with little to no management.
• Daily schedule – M-F 20-25 hours. No set hours as long as work is getting completed.
• Typical task breakdown and rhythm – This contractor will contribute to the team by writing blog posts for their research website. They are primarily looking for someone to be a copy editor and to take the information the researchers have found and type it into 600-800-word blog posts. They will be given the content and reference materials to draft blog posts. They are looking for someone who can understand the technical side of the research while also converting it to a higher level. The 20-25 hours a week should also be used for the contractor to do their own research on the topics to ensure they fully understand. It is on average 2-3 blog posts a week per person.
• Interaction level with team – The contractor will have some interactions with the Researchers they are working with to write the blog posts to ensure they are fully understanding the topics.