The Aquent Studio Director (SD) will lead the Aquent Studios team – operationally as
well as from an HR perspective. He or she will be the key day-today contact for our client's
US and Global Packaging Design.
The SD is accountable for adherence to all of the client's processes and requirements and for
ensuring successful delivery of projects. He or She will manage resourcing to varying
work volumes, handle work assignments/workload balancing and all operational process
management including invoicing, reporting as well as performance evaluations, problem
resolution and mentoring of staff.
Direct reports will include a team of 8-10, comprised of account manager, project/traffic coordinators and design and production resources. SD will interact closely with the Design Managers regarding any planning, Brand or other business issues; at the same time freeing them from managing day to day project schedules or resource alignment or process details
- Day to day client relationship management
- Ensure all quality standards and deadlines are met.
- Develop clearly defined roles and responsibilities – aligned to standard operating procedures
- Participate in implementation of workflow/project tracking technology and oversee maintenance of the technology tool.
- Responsibility for accurate time tracking and reporting as required by the client and Aquent Studios
- Resource management including effective utilization of dedicated core team and flexible resources with timely identification of need for additional capacity or specialized skills
- Assist with identifying and retaining most appropriately skilled talent and on boarding new core/flex talent as needed
- Take the lead in solving service delivery problems, accurately identifying issues, offering and implementing solutions
- Manage current and build new relationships with key client stakeholders, participating in planning process for key initiatives. Build confidence within the client to expand utilization of the Aquent team.
- Provide ongoing leadership and training to the team on workflow processes
- Monitor and manage customer satisfaction with work delivered
- Conduct formal performance reviews, offer professional development and set new objectives annually
- Coordinate project assignments, workload balancing (as required) and monthly invoicing, and reporting processes
Job Complexity (examples of typical work related problems that this position is expected to resolve)
- Sustain a high level of competence within an ever-changing creative, technical and business landscape. Effectively apply knowledge when directing creative resources to implement design being mindful of the production and distribution process. Design solutions must be consistent with Brand Identity standards, and accurately and consistently fulfill communication requirements.
- The SD may be called upon to facilitate meetings and/or clarify and define business objectives. Design briefs and initial requirements presented may at times be ambiguous or timelines compressed. The SD must be able to refine and clarify requirements, to ensure strategic alignment. To be effective in this capacity, the SD must possess an understanding of creative processes, key audiences, and the client's communication goals. Excellent interpersonal, communication and at times, conflict-resolution skills will be needed.