Are you the type of individual who enjoys driving branded packaging projects from concept to development to implementation for both new and existing products? Do you have an outgoing personality that allows working in a collaborative environment a breeze? If this sounds like you, keep reading! Aquent is currently sourcing for an innovative and motivated Packaging Project Manager for one of our expanding and thriving Fortune 500 clients local to the Oakland, CA market area. The idea candidate will have a solid track record of success in managing complex cross-functional projects. You will also be responsible for ensuring the packaging solutions allow product to meet or exceed pre-determined gross margin targets and other merchandising business goals. The Packaging Project Manager acts as Brand Steward and key collaborator alongside cross-functional teams and the various disciplines within the in-house agency to develop the schedule, budget, activities, and deliverables that comprise the project plan. This role has extensive budget, client and vendor management responsibilities. They organize the team around a project methodology and drive successful outcomes by aligning the efforts of team members and stakeholders to the project plan. The project manager leads financials, and reports out accurately to leadership and clients. Our project managers understand creative and brand strategy in order to successfully drive the project teams forward with vision. They know how to command a room, communicating and collaborating to build relationships at every level, and they bring a sense of humor and creative flair to the way they work.
- Act as key liaison between the in-house agency and Marketing, Sales, R&D, Legal other cross- functional clients within the company.
- Collaborate with client stakeholders and project discipline leads to identify requirements, determine project scope and deliverables, set priorities and establish milestones.
- Develop project plans, estimates, schedules, and statements of work to accurately track and clearly communicate status, progress, and financials to the project team and to stakeholders.
- Build client relationships by maintaining strong communication and collaboration throughout the packaging lifecycle.
- Manage product photography, photoshoot process and attend photoshoots.
- Orchestrate activities and deliverables between internal teams, vendors and clients and approve all vendor invoices for payment.
- Contribute to the project’s strategic vision and take ownership in the quality of the final product.
- Work closely with Color Separator to ensure color and image quality is attained on all packaging and merchandising files, including schedule/workflow management, analysis of color proofs and release of mechanical files.
- Manage image retouching process along with Design Manager.
- Maintain production archives: final printed samples/pieces, color standards/drawdowns, product photography (digital library).
- Manage budget(s) up to $2,000,000.
- Provide fiscal forecasts with accurate estimations for design, production, translations, illustrations, copywriting, photography, prepress.
- Ensure awareness of and adherence to agency policies and best practices.