To coordinate and facilitate the production and delivery of packaging requirements and special projects in line with our client's objectives and strategic targets, within budget and deadline constraints. To achieve this the individual is required to deliver against the following criteria:
• Coordinate packaging design projects; liaising with the design team, Brand and Marketing teams, Buying team, Production team and Studio Planner when a piece of packaging is required.
• Ensure packaging designs meet agreed BU critical path and budget throughout the entire packaging design process; from taking a new brief, through approval stage and delivering final design files to the Production team.
• Identify and resolve/escalate any issues which may impact agreed time-line/budget with Team Lead.
• Coordinate cost estimates and cost forecasting of all design associated costs incurred by the Design Studio in the production of packaging design.
• Confirm critical paths for each packaging project, and ensure project milestones fall within the agreed time-line/deadlines which have been set.
• Ensuring design work is planned in to the studio schedule and presented at the appropriate design forums for feedback/approval.
• Organise and attend weekly packaging meetings to review creative, status of projects and discuss new packaging briefs.
• Identify/resolve/escalate any issues which may impact the delivery of any job in respect to budget or time-lines with Team Lead.
• Liaise with Studio Planner/Design team/Brand and Marketing teams/Buying team when a packaging design project is going through Studio.
• Work with the Art Buying team when photography is required to confirm shoot dates, costs, photography briefs and image retouching.
• Responsible for providing a Design cost estimate once a new piece of packaging is briefed, for the BU to review/approve, and communicate if the project is over or under this estimated cost. Setup and attend monthly cost forecast meetings, with the BU and Brand team, to review the monthly costs incurred by the Design Studio.
• Work with outside suppliers when required, such as design agencies or freelance illustrators, to ensure they are fully briefed and manage costs/invoicing.
• Consolidate all relevant PIR information from within the Design area and supply to the BU for inclusion in any PIR, if required.
Customer service and relationship management:
• Building and maintaining positive relationships with all business partners
• Exceptional people skills and fanatical customer focus
• To be the first point of contact for all production issues and queries and provide timely resolution or feedback to the client and studio
• Escalation of issues as appropriate to Team Lead
• Regular reporting to Team Lead on artwork production statistics, KPIs, issues and opportunities
• Upkeep of all campaign and internal finance requirements – ensuring POs are raised, queries resolved, zero cost CAMs closed, etc.
• A clear understanding of the artwork, design and packaging production processes
• Competent in Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel & Power Point)
• Excellent time management with the ability to prioritise and deliver workload effectively as required
• Committed, resilient and prepared to work extra hours if required
• Focused on project management, timely delivery and achievement of KPIs
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs