• Assist in overseeing the print production process and interact with multiple packaging vendors for packaging graphics including final art files, films, print plates and proofs.
• Coordinate and lead pre-production meetings for print requirements on each mechanical. Troubleshoot production concerns and recommend graphic changes to files that ensure the print execution quality.
• Manages the day-to-day MAM workflow process, tracking the approval process and provide proper follow ups to ensure timely approvals. Manage and maintain project history, versioning and files through documentation which is part of the project management process.
• Attend and report out at the bi-weekly package design meetings. Update timelines and inform team of project status, issues and outstanding deliverables.
• Provides clear, consistent communication and transparency of information to team members regarding projects.
• Coordinate the release of final production art files to print vendors and review and approval of pre-press proofs. Approves proofs for accuracy.
• Creates Art Releases to document the final art and inform stakeholders.
• Distribute Art Work Release to stakeholders when final files are signed off on to go to print.
• Field requests for high rez images, logos, art requests from internal and external agency partners.
• Manage 3D renders and posting to 3D website once art is finalized.
• Sign-off on color standards and distribution to plant QA.
• Manage final brand standards per brand based on package design updates and changes.
• Field requests for physical mockups or comp creation including estimates, turnaround times and quality of deliverables.
• Strong background in pre-press and familiarity with various printing processes needed including flexography, offset, dry offset, etc. as it applies to film, tubs and corrugate packaging.
• Ability to plan, organize, identify problems and correct design issues under tight deadlines.
• Understanding but not hands on use of Illustrator, Photoshop and graphics software, file formats, etc.
• Some familiarity with legal and regulatory packaging rules as it applies to layout, size and position of copy.
• Knowledge of digital workflow process helpful.
• Always proactive and solution oriented.
• 3-5 years of graphic design and production to pre-press experience.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs