The Packaging Engineer is responsible for coordinating assigned structure projects. The Packaging Engineer is expected to participate in the package development process as a key team member, encouraging the use of new materials and manufacturing methods while working with internal design, marketing management and overseas groups. The Packaging Engineer is also expected to work with other members of the packaging group and should establish a high level of technical excellence within the group.
- Manage structural packaging process from beginning to end with marketing and production teams.
- Gather all pertinent information from marketing department regarding retail price and shelf presence objectives.
- Work with product engineering to adhere to project schedules and production start dates.
- Communicate with representatives from the Hong Kong office on packaging execution.
- Develop “try me” executions for package performance in retail environment, ensuring all testing measures have taken place.
- Transform packaging sketches into 3-D designs and ensure that packaging structures are constructed to meet all objectives.
- Create costing documentation for internal and external quoting to meet cost targets. Funnel costing reduction information to packaging and engineering groups.
- Assist in training and working with packaging interns.
- Keep up to date on current trends in packaging industry and provide guidance and recommendations to teams.
- Experience creating computerized die lines
- Knowledge of various packaging materials and production methods
- Experience in 3-D design and visualization
- Proficiency with Artios CAD, Graphite, Solidworks, Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and strict attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Creative background or other artistic skills preferred
- Ability to present to internal and external parties
- BS in Packaging Engineering, Packaging Science or Industrial Design
- 2-3 years of relevant structural packaging or product design experience
- Structural Packaging
- 3-D Design
- MICROSOFT OFFICE
- AUTO CAD
- DESIGN PRODUCT
- EXCELLENT WRITTEN AND VERBAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
- MS OFFICE
- PRODUCT ENGINEERING
- RETAIL MARKETING