Large Consumer Products Toy company is seeking a packaging designer to join their team. The packaging designer will work on a well-known children's toy brand. The packaging designer will work closely with graphic designers to adjust current packaging to the new branding design. Designers must work within a style guide and adapt graphics by utilizing existing assets.
We are currently seeking a packaging graphic designer. Position will be responsible for supporting the graphic design team with packaging graphic needs for the brand. Position will be working to adjust current packaging graphics to the updated branding design per the use of a style guide.
- Will be responsible for the graphics on toy packaging, rolling out a new branding look
- Following style guide specs and working with existing assets, and making adjustments where necessary
- Communicate as required with the HK/China packaging teams.
- Will work closely with internal mktg./design/engineering departments for approvals and present concepts and design strategies to cross-functional teams
- Understands how to monitor and follow packaging status schedules to keep projects on time.
- Responsible to keep manager updated on changes in package design/development.
- Responsible to prepare 3D package samples (Comps)
- BFA Degree in Graphics, Graphic Design, Packaging Design, or related degree with previous packaging graphic design experience
- 3-5 years of packaging graphic design experience
- Consumer Goods Packaging Experience required.
- Toy experience preferred
- Computer Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop CS5 as well as MS Office.
- Strong aesthetic skills.
- Illustration/sketching skills a plus.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Well developed project management skills.
- Strong communication skills with ability to work with individuals at all levels.
- Strong Presentation skills.
BFA Degree in Graphics, Graphic Design, Packaging Design, or related degree with previous packaging graphic design experience