Packaging Designer- Beauty/Fashion
3+ month need based onsite, 40 hours/week for a beauty packaging designer! Our client is looking for someone who has a proven track record of excellence in implementing Marketing Brand/Product Strategies through Design. You will be directly responsible for creation on new packaging design and brand maintenance for primary and secondary packaging.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage high-level package design across North America Beauty Brands within Personal Care, Fragrance, Color cosmetics, Holiday
- Attain design excellence within timely and overall efficient manner- Adhere to Project timeline and Design Milestones through all phases of Project Development
- Attend cross functional team meetings serving as the Design representation.
- Troubleshoot all Design related issues with cross functional counterparts
- *Identify unique and creative design solutions to set our major beauty client apart from competition through new, creative applications and forms to enhance corporate branding.
- Direct involvement with cross-functional Teams on daily basis (Engineering, Marketing, Copy, Project Management, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, R&D, Product Innovation, etc.) to have firm grasp of project scope.
- Review mechanicals of assigned design work taking responsibility for accuracy - making sure all are released with correct color chips and presswork.
- Maintain design files in an organized, accurate, current categorically unified manner - all files must be useable to someone not familiar with the Brand. Learn department billing/PO system and create PO's for each job request prior to job vendor requests.
- *Bring new Creative solutions/concepts to light to maintain edge on competition. Collaborate with NPD part. ners to refine processes/ensure smooth development
- Strong understanding/background of Beauty packaging design development.
- 5+ years in similar position
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Must be meticulous and have great attention to detail